South Park: The Fractured But Whole's season pass adds Towelie and hilarious story content
A few days ago Ubisoft revealed what came with Assassin's Creed Origin's season pass. Well, today they shared more about South Park: The Fractured But Whole.
South Park: The Fractured But Whole is the sequel to South Park: The Stick of Truth which launched in 2014. The game focuses on crime and players will delve into the crime-ridden underbelly of South Park with Coon and Friends. This strange group of crime fighters was formed by Eric Cartman in one of the episodes of the show. You play as the New Kid and must fight crime throughout the little town.
The season pass greatly expands the game and adds South Park: The Stick of Truth costumes, Towelie, combat challenges, new companions, new story missions, and other perks. The comlpete list is as follows:
- Danger Deck - Players will have to face the ultimate combat challenge in Doctor Timothy's Danger Deck. You fight a bunch of people and then are awarded with exclusive costumes. This mode is expected to launch in December 2017.
- From Dusk till Casa Bonita - Remember Casa Bonita? Cartman's favorite restaurant? Well, From Dusk till Casa Bonita is a new story where players will team up with The Coon and Mysterion to defeat a demonic presence at Casa Bonita. We don't have an exact launch date for this yet but it's expected in 2018.
- Bring the Crunch - Lastly, Bring the Crunch will also introduce a new story, including a new superhero class. We don't know much about the story but it's also expected in 2018, presumably after From Dusk till Casa Bonita.
While this is the content coming later down the road, those who purchase the game in October can expect immediate items too. For those who purchase the season pass, you'll get these items at launch or close to launch:
- Relics of Zaron - Relics of Zaron is a costume pack which includes a few perks. It will be available on October 17, 2017, when the game launches.
- Towelie: Your Gaming Bud - Do you remember Towelie? The towel who has a problem with drugs and other substances? Well, he's also part of the season pass! On October 27, 2017 Towelie will be available as an in-game buddy who gives tips and other hints. He's quite helpful so be sure to try him out in a few weeks.
While you can't purchase the season pass right now, it will go on sale on October 17, 2017 when the game launches on Xbox One, Windows PC, and PlayStation 4. If you want to forgo the hassle of buying it separately, you can buy the South Park: The Fractured But Whole Gold Edition which comes with it.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.