A few months ago, State of Decay 2 launched to mixed reviews around the world. The game was praised for its deep mechanics, but the fact that it exhibited frame rate issues even on Xbox One X and suffered from numerous glitches was a cause for concern. Luckily, the developer just released another patch which brings some long-awaited changes.
Patch 4.0 features many significant quality-of-life improvements and a host of bug fixes that solve confusing or frustrating issues. You can read about the major tweaks below.
- Removed some locks and crashes associated with pop-up boxes.
- Fixed a handful of buildings that were inaccessible due to collision.
- Random "resource loss" events are now dependent on morale and traits.
- Characters who incur resource loss events because of low morale will now receive a temporary morale benefit.
- Skilled characters will sometimes provide the community with new free items.
- Certain exiles now count towards exile-related achievements.
- Fixed an issue where facilities would stop building when the main menu was opened.
- Fixed an issue where weapons would be repaired for free.
- Armored zombies can no longer be killed by flames.
State of Decay 2 is a co-op multiplayer game which forces you to survive in the wake of a zombie apocalypse. Players have to work together, build bases, and form communities if they wish to survive in this hostile land. You can purchase the game for $29.99, or play it for free if you're a $9.99 Xbox Game Pass subscriber.
Hit the comments below to let us know what bugs and other issues you might have encountered in State of Decay 2, providing as much information as possible. Undead Labs encourages you to email bug reports and support requests, providing reproduction steps and platform information where possible.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
When playing I get a loud static sound then I have no volume and it will repeat after playing for awhile, and now I tap the x box home button from there I resume then I get sound back, but does it again after playing for a bit seems like does it more after the update not sure if it might be problem?? is any body else having this issue??
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.