Microsoft this week shipped out a fresh firmware update for its latest Surface Pro that finally addresses a lingering and widespread issue related to Surface Pen performance. In a lengthy thread on its Answers forum, a Microsoft representative confirmed that a fix for the issue, which caused the pen line to become offset if a users hand is resting on the screen while drawing, began rolling out on August 8 (via Reddit).
Alongside the pen fix, Microsoft also addressed system security and stability with the latest batch of firmware. Here's a look at all of what's new:
- Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter – Bluetooth: 15.68.9125.57 improves system security.
- Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller – Network adapters: 15.68.9125.57 improves system security.
- Surface Integration Service Device – System devices: 188.8.131.52 improves system stability.
- Surface Touch Servicing ML – System devices: 184.108.40.206 improves pen and touch performance.
- Surface Touch – Firmware: 4220.127.116.11 improves pen and touch performance.
- Surface UEFI – Firmware: 234.2291.769.0 improves driver installation servicing.
So far, it looks like the update has succeeded in addressing the issue, with several users that had experienced jitter before reporting that it has been corrected post-update.
If you're using a Surface Pro, and particularly if you were hit with any pen issues, you can grab the latest batch of firmware updates via Windows Update now.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Join us for the latest Windows Central Video Podcast
We're live with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Review: Kensington's SD5500T dock works with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 PCs
The SD5500T docking station is compatible with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3, opening it up to use with more devices. It's similar to some other great docks out there, so how does it measure up?
How to play Minecraft Dungeons Beta
How to get started with Minecraft Dungeons early via the ongoing beta, with all the details and release dates you need to know.
Spruce up your Surface Pro with these awesome accessories
Whether you are using your Surface as your main computer or as a secondary device, you are going to want to make sure it's decked out with all the best gear. We've rounded up a bunch of worthwhile accessories right here.