Microsoft this week shipped out a fresh firmware update for its latest Surface Pro that finally addresses a lingering and widespread issue related to Surface Pen performance. In a lengthy thread on its Answers forum, a Microsoft representative confirmed that a fix for the issue, which caused the pen line to become offset if a users hand is resting on the screen while drawing, began rolling out on August 8 (via Reddit).
Alongside the pen fix, Microsoft also addressed system security and stability with the latest batch of firmware. Here's a look at all of what's new:
- Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter – Bluetooth: 15.68.9125.57 improves system security.
- Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-AC Network Controller – Network adapters: 15.68.9125.57 improves system security.
- Surface Integration Service Device – System devices: 188.8.131.52 improves system stability.
- Surface Touch Servicing ML – System devices: 184.108.40.206 improves pen and touch performance.
- Surface Touch – Firmware: 4220.127.116.11 improves pen and touch performance.
- Surface UEFI – Firmware: 234.2291.769.0 improves driver installation servicing.
So far, it looks like the update has succeeded in addressing the issue, with several users that had experienced jitter before reporting that it has been corrected post-update.
If you're using a Surface Pro, and particularly if you were hit with any pen issues, you can grab the latest batch of firmware updates via Windows Update now.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
The first two Snapdragon 7c PCs are here, and they start at $299 with LTE
Along with a slew of announcements for the education market this week, Microsoft debuted the first two PCs to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 7c platform. Both are targeted at the education market, and they bring LTE for as little as $299.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
Spruce up your Surface Pro with these awesome accessories
Whether you are using your Surface as your main computer or as a secondary device, you are going to want to make sure it's decked out with all the best gear. We've rounded up a bunch of worthwhile accessories right here.