What you need to know
- The Nether Update officially released for Minecraft this Tuesday, June 23, 2020.
- In a surprise move, Mojang Studios is releasing another beta for the Nether Update on the Bedrock Edition.
- The beta comes with more fixes, but also adds a brand new mob to the Nether, the piglin brute.
- The new mob should also come to the Java Edition in the future.
Well isn't this a surprise? Just two days after the Nether Update is officially released, Mojang Studios is releasing another new beta for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. This by itself wouldn't be that much of a surprise, since Mojang Studios will be working on implementing new fixes and needs feedback before pushing those updates out to the public. What is shocking is that there's a completely new mob included in today's 188.8.131.52 beta update: the piglin brutes!
According to the official changelog:
- Piglin Brutes are stronger versions of Piglins that live in bastion remnants and protect the treasures there
- Unlike their cowardly and greedy counterparts, the Piglin Brutes cannot be distracted by gold and aren't afraid of anything
- Piglin Brutes attack players on sight, no matter how the player is dressed
- Piglin Brutes wield axes and don't need any armor, because they're just that tough!
According to Mojang Studios, the piglin brute will also be added to the Java Edition in the future, but for now only those enrolled in the Bedrock Edition beta get a chance at checking out this new aggressive mob. If you're interested, you can find the full changelog here, including all of the fixes that Mojang Studios is including. Of course, the real headliner here is the piglin brute, which looks to make bastion remnants much more interesting to conquer.
Are you surprised by this random addition? What do you think of the piglin brute? Let us know in the comments below!
A gaming masterpiece
Available everywhere you play.
Minecraft is an inarguable and complete success. It has sold copies in the hundreds of millions, has a huge following of dedicated players, and lets you unlock your every creative desire. It's also available on every platform imaginable, including Xbox One, Windows 10, Playstation 4, and Nintendo Switch. Play with anyone, and play anywhere.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Zachary Boddy (They / Them) is a Staff Writer for Windows Central, primarily focused on covering the latest news in tech and gaming, the best Xbox and PC games, and the most interesting Windows and Xbox hardware. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life starting with the original Xbox, and started out as a freelancer for Windows Central and its sister sites in 2019. Now a full-fledged Staff Writer, Zachary has expanded from only writing about all things Minecraft to covering practically everything on which Windows Central is an expert, especially when it comes to Microsoft. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.