What you need to know
- Surviving Mars is an excellent simulation strategy game from Paradox Interactive, available for most major gaming platforms.
- The game hasn't enjoyed any major DLC releases since it changed development studios earlier this year to Abstraction.
- Today, Paradox announced that a new DLC, 'Below and Beyond' is releasing for Surviving Mars on Sept. 7, 2021.
- The new DLC will include a ton of new features for Surviving Mars, including underground bases, asteroid mining, and much more.
Surviving Mars is one of the best strategy games (and best Xbox games in general), but fell silent for a while. Earlier this year, Paradox Interactive announced that Surviving Mars was back under Abstraction, with a new DLC coming in 2021. Today, it has been confirmed that a new DLC expansion is heading to Surviving Mars: Below and Beyond arrives on Sept. 7, 2021 with a host of new features for all Surviving Mars platforms.
Below and Beyond DLC is a paid expansion for Surviving Mars that will add plenty of reasons for players to get excited, including:
- Underground mining
- Asteroid mining and rocket-propelled buildings and tools
- Underground base building with cave systems, lava tubes, potential cave-ins, new underground buildings, and more
- New technology research with Recon and Expansion research trees, which unlock the new tech and equipment for other Below and Beyond features
The Below and Beyond DLC for Surviving Mars officially releases on Sept. 7 for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation, and PC through multiple platforms like Steam and GOG. When it launches, Below and Beyond will cost $20 USD.
Alongside Below and Beyond, Surviving Mars is also gaining the Mars Lifestyle Radio Pack DLC, which will feature 16 new original tracks for the game. The Mars Lifestyle Radio Pack will cost $4.
You can watch the trailer for the Below and Beyond DLC for Surviving Mars above, or check out some slick screenshots of the expansion below.