SamFirmware has released two unofficial ROMs for the Samsung Omnia 7 (opens in new tab), one for NoDo and the other for Mango. Check out the listed known features in this post for more info and remember that you flash your Windows Phone at your own risk.
- Firmware: I8700XXKD1. (NoDo)
- Filesize: 196+/- MB (.rar file)
- XX = Europe
- K = 2011
- D = April
- 1 = Version
- Firmware: I8700XXKH2. (Mango)
- Filesize: 355+/- MB (.rar file)
- XX = Europe
- K = 2011
- H = August
- 2 = Version
MobileTechWorld has since posted some features found in the ROM, found below:
- Updated camera driver: Touch-focus now works (instead of simply touch-to-capture), Bing Vision no longer looses focus and correctly adjusts the white balance in low light environments.
- Updated Motion Sensors driver: Digital Compass is now faster and more accurate. The accelerator is also faster when switching orientation in Internet Explorer.
- Updated Radio software: WiFi and Cellular data transfers appear to be faster.
- The hidden WiFi Network feature is now available.
- Bing Music is now faster and more accurate.
You can download the ROMs from SamFirmware, link found below.
Source: SamFirmware, MobileTechWorld, thanks Brianna for the tip!
Rich Edmonds is Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him over on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
compass didnt work on mango, some one should try using it with this rom...
whats this got to do with T-Mobile?
My question exactly. Since when does T-Mobile have the Omnia 7?btw, touch to focus works great on my HD7.
T-Mobile Germany has had Samsung Omnia 7 for quite a while.
What is this Germany you speak of? Where in the USA is THAT?! o.O
Shot in the dark.. it's built off a T-Mobile ROM. And if I'm not mistaken, T-Mobile does have the Omnia 7 overseas.
Correct. I have a T-Mobile branded Omnia 7 from UK running Mango :)
So. Does this one have the new localized display languages?
hello guys, anyone have the mango ROM for 'samsung taylor' ????I need it !!!
Is it different from Mango RTM rom??
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.