PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is a last-man-standing shooter being developed with the help of community feedback. Starting with absolutely nothing, players must fight to locate weapons and supplies in a battle to be the only one alive. PUBG is a surprisingly realistic and high-tension title set on a massive island. Unfortunately the game suffers from numerous issues on Xbox One.
Today, the developer released a new PUBG patch which focuses on improving performance and reducing memory usage. Keep in mind that this doesn't mean that all the problems will be gone. PUBG Corp. is working hard to fix others as soon as possible.
The main changes are listed below.
- The developer has optimized the total memory required by maps, with a significant reduction in total memory required for Miramar.
- The interface has been optimized to use less resources.
- Character movement has been optimized to use less resources and improve performance.
- Vehicle location updates have been made more efficient for stationary vehicles to improve performance.
- Vehicle effects have been optimized to improve performance, without affecting visual quality.
- Bullet impact effects will no-longer consume resources if they aren't seen by the player.
- Character shadow rendering has been optimized to improve performance.
- Terrain and grass have been optimized on maps to increase performance.
- Parachutes have been optimized, they now use less resources.
- The physics while free falling have been optimized.
Hopefully this patch will bring frame rate improvements for Xbox One owners. Games like Fortnite are witnessing unprecedented success because many players are abandoning PUBG due to its problems. The fixes need to come out soon before it's too late.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Should you get an XPS 13 or XPS 15?
Have your heart set on a new Dell XPS laptop but not sure which one to go for? Let us help as we break down some of the key points to consider.
Think you know ALL Windows 10 keyboard shortcuts? Find out in our full list
In this guide, we'll list all the best keyboard shortcuts that you can use to better navigate and utilize Windows 10 on your desktop PC or laptop.
Microsoft brings Android OS development for Surface Duo in-house
Microsoft is forming a team internally under the Microsoft Devices division that will handle the development of Android for Surface Duo going forward. Up until now, Microsoft had contracted the OS work out to third-party vendors such as Movial, who had the expertise required to bring Android to life on Surface Duo. Now, Microsoft is bringing that work in-house.
Get these great Xbox gaming headsets for under $100
Do you fancy a new Xbox One headset? Do you fancy not spending more than $100? Let us help!