PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is a last-man-standing shooter being developed with the help of community feedback. Starting with absolutely nothing, players must fight to locate weapons and supplies in a battle to be the only one alive. PUBG is a surprisingly realistic and high-tension title set on a massive island. Unfortunately the game suffers from numerous issues on Xbox One.
Today, the developer released a new PUBG patch which focuses on improving performance and reducing memory usage. Keep in mind that this doesn't mean that all the problems will be gone. PUBG Corp. is working hard to fix others as soon as possible.
The main changes are listed below.
- The developer has optimized the total memory required by maps, with a significant reduction in total memory required for Miramar.
- The interface has been optimized to use less resources.
- Character movement has been optimized to use less resources and improve performance.
- Vehicle location updates have been made more efficient for stationary vehicles to improve performance.
- Vehicle effects have been optimized to improve performance, without affecting visual quality.
- Bullet impact effects will no-longer consume resources if they aren't seen by the player.
- Character shadow rendering has been optimized to improve performance.
- Terrain and grass have been optimized on maps to increase performance.
- Parachutes have been optimized, they now use less resources.
- The physics while free falling have been optimized.
Hopefully this patch will bring frame rate improvements for Xbox One owners. Games like Fortnite are witnessing unprecedented success because many players are abandoning PUBG due to its problems. The fixes need to come out soon before it's too late.
- See at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- See at Microsoft Store (opens in new tab)
- See at Green Man Gaming (opens in new tab)
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
I still don't understand how a developer can fu**k up a game like this.
i like to see u go and make a early access mod into a full fledged game.. no I mean it.. go ahead.
I paid then to do it. That is there job. Incompetence cannot be excused with"do it your self"
Stop defending incompetence..it's tiring.
Played a game to see if the update fixed anything. Landed, began looting and got teleported halfway across the map. Quit game to try again, and horrible stutters and probably 20-25 fps. On the X, such a joke.
I love this game but...……….BUUUUUUGY as F...! I play it a lot but I'm close to leaving. Crash after crash after CRASH!!!! Stop with the new maps and just fix the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.