PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is a last-man-standing shooter being developed with the help of community feedback. Starting with absolutely nothing, players must fight to locate weapons and supplies in a battle to be the only one alive. PUBG is a surprisingly realistic and high-tension title set on a massive island. Unfortunately the game suffers from numerous issues on Xbox One.
Today, the developer released a new PUBG patch which focuses on improving performance and reducing memory usage. Keep in mind that this doesn't mean that all the problems will be gone. PUBG Corp. is working hard to fix others as soon as possible.
The main changes are listed below.
- The developer has optimized the total memory required by maps, with a significant reduction in total memory required for Miramar.
- The interface has been optimized to use less resources.
- Character movement has been optimized to use less resources and improve performance.
- Vehicle location updates have been made more efficient for stationary vehicles to improve performance.
- Vehicle effects have been optimized to improve performance, without affecting visual quality.
- Bullet impact effects will no-longer consume resources if they aren't seen by the player.
- Character shadow rendering has been optimized to improve performance.
- Terrain and grass have been optimized on maps to increase performance.
- Parachutes have been optimized, they now use less resources.
- The physics while free falling have been optimized.
Hopefully this patch will bring frame rate improvements for Xbox One owners. Games like Fortnite are witnessing unprecedented success because many players are abandoning PUBG due to its problems. The fixes need to come out soon before it's too late.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
Windows 10 October 2020 Update review: Subtle, but necessary
Microsoft's next big Windows 10 feature update is almost here, packing several notable changes and enhancements. This release is known as the October 2020 Update, version 20H2, and is the second big Windows 10 update to hit in 2020, after version 2004 which released in May earlier this year. This release is very much a continuation of version 2004, adding a few final touches and subtle...
Alleged source code for Windows XP exposed in 4chan leak
Alleged Windows XP source code has surfaced online after a thread on 4chan gained steam this week. If genuine, the source code could pose a security threat for any remaining Windows XP systems, particularly if they're connected to the internet.
These are the best gaming laptops for playing PUBG
You have a lot of options when it comes to gaming laptops for playing PUBG. Luckily, this game can run on a lot of different machines. Here are our picks for the best laptops for PUBG.