What you need to know
- A new update hit the Twitter PWA this week.
- The biggest change is quicker access to your DM, if you're one of the testers.
- It also brings new customizations for list, and the option to save a draft tweet from the composer.
If you use Twitter's progressive web app (PWA), you've got some fixes and new features to check out. A fresh update hit the PWA this week, bringing a test for quicker access to your DMs through a dedicated docked drawer. Lists also got a little more customizable, and drafts can be saved from the composer.
Here's a full look at the release notes for this latest update.
- DM Quick Access: We're testing ways to allow you view and send DMs without having to navigate to the DM inbox. Starting with a small % globally, we're allowing users to view their DM inbox and conversations through a docked drawer when using Twitter in widescreen.
- Drafts: Not quite ready to send that Tweet? You can now save it as a draft, or schedule it to send at a specific time - all from the Tweet composer! See it in action
- Lists: Customize Lists you own by adding a banner image. You can upload and preview the image through the edit list flow.
- Internet Explorer 11 support: twitter.com no longer supports Internet Explorer 11. Please see this Help Center article for a list of supported browsers.
- Lists: Find new accounts to add to your Lists quickly with the suggested accounts tab. Find it under manage members when editing your List.
- Navigation: You can now use a middle mouse button to open links in new tabs quickly and easily.
- Retweets with comments: After launching the Retweets with comments timeline last month, we've made some updates! We're now including counts for Retweets with and without comments on all timelines. We're also testing a variation on the "Retweets" label on the Tweet detail page to make it more obvious when there are Retweets with comments, so keep an eye out!
- Account Registration: Fixed an issue preventing movement through the registration flow when attempting to reuse a previously entered password.
- Emoji Picker: Fixed an issue where opening the emoji picker on Firefox broke the Tweet and DM composers.
- Lists: Twemoji will now render properly on the List detail screen.
- Media Upload: Attempting to upload media we don't support or non-media files will no longer leave you in a bad state.
- Media Upload: Fixed a bug where videos could fail to upload randomly sometimes.
- Tweet Compose: Using the Cmd/Ctrl + Enter keyboard shortcut when the composer is in an invalid state will no longer attempt sending the Tweet.
Because Twitter is a PWA, you don't have to do anything to get this update. The next time you relaunch Twitter, you should be able to take advantage of the changes.
A non-controversial social network
The best PWA around
Twitters progressive web app (PWA) for Windows 10 is your one-click access to one of the world's largest social networks. The app updates through the web, meaning you get the latest features without having to do a thing.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.