Not only will the game get a new difficulty setting, but there are plenty of costume packs coming as well. A lot of the content is free for everyone but cosmetic items can be purchased separately or come with the season pass. Here's everything you should expect in Assassin's Creed Origins in December.
- A new Nightmare difficulty level will be available soon. The enemies will become more resilient to damage and more dangerous.
- Enemy scaling is coming in December as well. When this option is activated, the game automatically scales the lower level enemies to your level.
- Nightmare and First Civilization cosmetic packs items will be available in Heka Chests.
- A new event quest, Here Comes a New Challenger, will introduce you to Horde mode to satisfy your warrior longings. You can prove yourself in the Cyrene arena against unlimited waves of foes.
- Gladiator Items Pack is coming on December 12, 2017. This pack is pretty self-explanatory given its title.
- A mysterious Wacky Items Pack is coming on December 26 but we don't know its content. Supposedly, this pack will be a perfect fit for the Bath Towel outfit.
Hopefully Ubisoft will continue supporting the game like this for many months to come. The title is a fresh start for the series in many ways because it adds proper role-playing mechanics to the franchise.
Assassin's Creed Origins takes place in Ancient Egypt, a land of majesty and intrigue, but one that is disappearing in a ruthless fight for power. You play as a Bayek, the first Assassin, who must unveil dark secrets and forgotten myths as you go back to the one founding moment: the origins of the Assassin's Brotherhood.
Assassin's Creed Origins launched on October 27, 2017 on Xbox One, Windows PC and PlayStation 4. Be sure to check it out at retailers if you like third-person adventures. The game supports 4K resolution on Xbox One X and looks stupendous.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
See the Microsoft Surface Duo’s dual-screen Android OS in action
A new video with a render shows the Surface Duo's Android OS in action on dual screens. The footage comes from the new Surface Duo SDK, which looks great even at this early stage.
Microsoft might test millimeter-wave body scanners at two data centers
Microsoft could test a new type of body scanner from Rohde & Schwarz. The scanners use millimeter-wave radiation and machine learning to detect weapons and objects.
You can now download the Surface Duo preview SDK from Microsoft
Microsoft released the first set of dual-screen preview SDKs today. One of the SDKs is for the Surface Duo, which allows developers to work on optimizing content for the Surface Duo.
These VR flight simulators and games soar above the rest
Flight simulators and VR are a match made in heaven, especially now that GPUs and lens resolution can support a truly immersive recreation of Earth or space. Whether your vision of perfect flight gameplay is WWII-era dogfighting with a joystick, Star Wars-esque space battles mapped to a traditional controller, or mastering real-life aircraft using touch controls, we've found the best...