What you need to know
- Gears 5 is a third-person shooter from Xbox Game Studios.
- It's getting a new villain named Kantus soon.
- Operation 2 bundle owners get Kantus for free.
- Gears 5 is part of Xbox Game Pass.
Gears 5 is a third-person shooter from The Coalition, an Xbox Game Studios team. It received great reviews at launch and the multiplayer mode seems to have gained a lot of traction in recent weeks. Today, the developer detailed what's part of the latest update.
While the upcoming update may not be as feature-rich as past ones, there are a lot of notable additions to the game. You can read about the major ones below.
- Kantus is a new villain and brings challenges.
- The Operation 2 bundle owners receive Kantus for free.
- The estimated time for matchmaking has gotten better.
- The weekly store update brings new items.
According to the post, the "fifth and final character of Operation 2 – the Kantus – is set for release this month as part of Title Update 4." Kantus is a mirror of Lizzie Carmine so expect similar abilities. You can read more about the update on the Gears 5 website. Do you still play the game? What do you think of the multiplayer? Let us know.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.