Following on the heels of the unlocked dual-SIM Lumia 950 (NAM CV) the Lumia 950 XL dual-SIM sold in the US (NAM CV) is also now getting the new 16236 firmware through Windows Device Recovery Tool (WDRT).
Firmware version 01078.00053.16236.35006 is now listed as an update from the previous 16025.xxxx version. The 16236 series is the one announced by Microsoft on July 7 as bringing double-tap-to-wake along with numerous other fixes.
The full changelog is below:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
Users will need to wipe their device and install Windows 10 Mobile 10586 (non-Redstone) to get the new firmware. We should also clarify a few things:
- The update is not yet available over-the-air, but likely will come in the next few days
- This firmware is not for the AT&T-branded Lumia 950 single-SIM model
Your best bet is to wait a few days for the update to come over-the-air (OTA). You will save a lot of time and effort in not having to reinstall all your software, apps, games, and personalization. The OTA update applies to those on non-Insider phones and Insider ones as well, so there is no need to rollback. However, if you want it right now, you can do that if you have the time.
No word on when the AT&T branded Lumia 950 will get the firmware, but it is likely timed with the Anniversary Update coming on August 2.
For more information on rolling back your phone, you can read our guide "How to roll back Windows 10 Mobile from Fast and Slow Ring to Production Release".
Thanks, everyone, for the tips!
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
The Black Friday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
Microsoft’s ‘Project Latte’ aims to bring Android apps to Windows 10
Microsoft is working on a software solution that would allow app developers to bring their Android apps to Windows 10 with little to no code changes by packaging them as an MSIX and allowing developers to submit them to the Microsoft Store. The project is codenamed 'Latte' and I'm told it could show up as soon as next year.
Here are the best Minecraft Black Friday deals for $15 or less
If you're looking for great stocking stuffers or more affordable gifts, we dug around to find the best Minecraft Black Friday deals for $15 or less.