What you need to know
- Northgard is coming to Xbox One in 2019.
- It is a strategy game pitting Vikings against mythical creatures and other threats.
ID@Xbox has revealed that it is bringing the viking strategy game Northgard to Xbox One sometime this year. The console sure has come a long way since it was criticized for not supporting indie developers and games.
After braving the harsh environments throughout the years, Viking clans have finally found the land of Northgard, a place they hope to conquer for the history books. But danger and mysteries await in this new land that none have prepared for. Northgard features four different ways to play:
- Solo Story Mode: Play as Rig, son of the High King, goes for fame and revenge in the unforgiving wilderness of Northgard.
- Single Player Skirmish: Play one of the seven clans and discover each of their specificies.
- Northgard: Ragnarok: The end is nigh! Fight for survival is a devastated environment, tormented by death and unknown mystical creatures.
- Competitive Multiplayer: Compete against other players on our dedicated servers. Grind the ladder from the Wood League to finally reach the Rimesteel League.
Pricing for the game on Xbox One has not been announced, but it costs $30 on Steam normally.
Xbox accessories you'll love
Every one of these quality accessories is guaranteed to enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One ($20 at Amazon)
PowerA's take on the Xbox One controller is an attractive pickup for budget-conscious gamers that nails all the basics.
Talon PDP Xbox media remote ($20 at Amazon)
The Talon PDP Xbox media remote is great for watching shows on your console.
Xbox One S vertical stand ($10 at Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this accessory.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.