I'm on a boat! Well, not really, but you might be. This week we're going to go out and capture some boats for our weekly photo contest. Those boats don't have to be in the middle of the Pacific, as you can see the image above here is on dry land. Just go find a boat and take a cool picture with your Windows Phone.
Winner from last week
We had a ton of good entries into last week's textures contest, but I had to settle on the one I liked the most. Congrats to SomeGuy11 for winning! And congrats to everyone else who entered you're all very talented! Head to the forums to check out all entries.
SomeGuy11 took the photo above with his Lumia 1020. It's of a sun-bleached oak log after the bark had fallen off. This is straight from the camera with no post-processing. Great pic and congrats SomeGuy11!
Boats! Toy boats. Tug boats. Rowboats. Big boats. Small boats. Blue boats. Pink boats. Doesn't matter. Just find a boat and take a great picture!
The above photo at the top of this post is from the Lumia 925. Saturation upped a little bit and the image cropped for the site.
Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:
- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Phone Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person
We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!
Here's how it looks this week.
This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!
One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.
We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (October 28) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.
Quick PSA: We've set up dedicated sub-forum in the Windows Phone Central forums to keep the photo contests in one location going forward. You should bookmark this page, so you never miss a contest.
- Windows Phone Central – Photo Contests
- Weekly photo contest: Boat
Good luck and have fun!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.