If you're in the market for a WiFi analyzer utility on Windows 10, look no further than WiFi Commander. The UWP app lets you scan, filter and sort nearby WiFi networks, and gives you real-time signal quality in dBm, letting you find the network with the strongest signal at your location. You can also see the hardware information of the router you're connecting to, such as the manufacturer name and its MAC address.
Here's the detailed breakdown of what's on offer with WiFi Commander:
- Scan the space around you for any Wi-Fi networks
- Filter, sort and group available networks
- Unique real time signal level monitor (hint: drag the Monitor page background)
- Determine specific access point with the strongest signal
- Switch between different networks instantly
- Detailed information about specific Wi-Fi access point:
- Vendor name
- Security and authentication
- MAC address (BSSID)
- See all Wi-Fi Direct capable devices
- Find less used channel for your own router
- Dark and light themes for your preference
The app costs $2.49, which is well worth the price given the detailed information on offer and the fact that it works on both Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. There's a trial mode available as well that lets you check out the functionality of the app.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Harish Jonnalagadda is a Senior Editor overseeing Asia for Android Central, Windows Central's sister site. When not reviewing phones, he's testing PC hardware, including video cards, motherboards, gaming accessories, and keyboards.