What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 19041.1 is now available for Insiders.
- This build adds more supported languages for quick searches, along with more fixes.
- Build 19041.1 is available for Fast and Slow ring Insiders via Windows Update.
Microsoft pushed a fresh build to Windows Insiders today, bringing a minor feature update and plenty of new fixes. This latest build is Windows 10 20H1 build 19041.1, and it's available for both Fast and Slow ring Insiders.
The biggest addition in this release is support for new languages with quick search. Quick search allows you to get fast answers to common questions for things like the local weather, new movies, top news, and more. Here's a look at the newly supported languages:
- Australia: English
- Canada: English and French
- China: Chinese (Simplified)
- France: French
- Germany: German
- India: English
- Italy: Italian
- Japan: Japanese
- Mexico: Spanish
- Spain: Spanish
- United Kingdom: English
- United States: English
In addition, there's a handful of new features and known issues included in this build. Here's a look.
General changes, improvements, and fixes
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build.This doesn't mean we're done…
- We fixed an issue resulting in an increased number of Insiders experiencing rollbacks (error code 0xc1900101) when upgrading to recent builds.
- We fixed an issue from recent builds that could result in a crash when trying to log into a secondary account on your device.
- We fixed an issue when using the Japanese IME in certain Office apps that could result in the candidate window not appearing when using reconversion.
- We fixed an issue that could result in win32 apps experiencing an unexpected increase in CPU usage if left idle after having opened the Common File Dialog.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview.
- We're looking into reports of the update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- We're looking into reports of certain external USB 3.0 drives not responding with Start Code 10 after they're attached.
- We're looking into reports of the Optimize Drives Control Panel incorrectly reporting that optimization has never run on some devices.
If you're enrolled in the Fast or Slow Insider rings, you can grab build 19041.1 now via Windows Update. Otherwise, you can go into more detail with this update with Microsoft's full release notes.
The first two Snapdragon 7c PCs are here, and they start at $299 with LTE
Along with a slew of announcements for the education market this week, Microsoft debuted the first two PCs to be powered by Qualcomm's Snapdragon 7c platform. Both are targeted at the education market, and they bring LTE for as little as $299.
Need a laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port? Every PC here deserves a look.
Looking for a new laptop that has Thunderbolt 3 ports? Well, you're in luck, as we've rounded up what we think are the best Thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops available to buy today.
Windows 10 build 19546 arrives for Fast ring with graphing calculator
Microsoft pushed out another new Windows 10 Preview build for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring today. This build brings the build number up to 19546, and it includes a new graphing mode for the Calculator app.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.