Microsoft is rolling out yet another Windows 10 Insider Preview build for Insiders in the fast ring today for PC and Mobile, sporting a number of new under the hood fixes and enhancements. We're less than 2 weeks away from the Creators Update being finalized by Microsoft at this point, so today's new build is rocking no 'new' features.
What's improved for PC?
- If you have Symantec/Norton anti-virus software installed on your PC, you should no longer get an 0x80070228 error when attempting to download this build. Symantec released updated anti-virus definitions last week that fixes this issue. - Please make sure your Symantec/Norton anti-virus software has the most up-to-date anti-virus definitions BEFORE taking trying to install today's build.
- PCs should no longer fail to update to this build at 71% and roll-back to the previous build.
- If you have additional language packs installed, this build should install just fine.
- We fixed an issue where sometimes the context menu when right-clicking a misspelled word in Microsoft Edge would launch in an unexpected place or under the Edge window.
- When using "Cast media to device" in Microsoft Edge, it will now open the Connect pane (also seen when using Win + K).
- We fixed an issue from recent builds where Microsoft Edge might immediately show a "Not responding" state after opening a link or pasting a URL in a new tab.
- We fixed an issue where sometimes the tab mouse-over description tooltips in Microsoft Edge would stay on the screen even after closing the relevant tab.
- We fixed an issue that could result in Microsoft Edge unexpectedly attempting to download certain webpages rather than navigating to them when the uBlock Origin extension was enabled.
- We fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to use touch to set focus to text boxes in Microsoft Edge's Web Notes in order to enter text.
- We fixed an issue where, after using Ctrl + W to close multiple tabs in Microsoft Edge at once, the active tab might lose focus and keyboard shortcuts would stop working until moving focus away from and back to the tab.
- We fixed an issue recently where if you have selected text in Microsoft Edge, moved focus away from the window, then returned focus using Alt + Tab or the mouse, trying to copy the selected text wouldn't work. We also fixed a recent issue where if you used Ctrl + C to copy selected text in the Edge URL bar, and then Ctrl + Shift + P to open a new InPrivate window or Ctrl + N to open a new regular window, using Ctrl + V to paste the copied URL into the new window's address bar wouldn't work.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders where, if focus was set to a Microsoft Edge window, touchpad and keyboard input might periodically stop working for a few seconds at a time.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders with multiple monitors resulting in flickering and rendering issues when the Hub button in Microsoft Edge was pressed.
- We fixed an issue where Insiders with multiple monitors might find one of their monitors would stop rendering (with the exception of the mouse).
- We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Groove sometimes no longer rendering correctly after snapping the app to one side of the monitor and changing the size.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in the taskbar getting into a state where many of the thumbnail previews would be unexpectedly blank.
- We fixed an issue for certain USB-powered monitors where the taskbar clock would sometimes stop rendering for a few minutes (seemingly stuck, but would refresh on mouse-over).
- We fixed an issue where the battery flyout would crash the second time the battery icon in the taskbar was clicked.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in OneDrive.exe unexpectedly sometimes running with a high percent CPU for a long time.
- We fixed an issue that Insiders may have experienced resulting in paste not working if the copied content was from a UWP app that was currently suspended.
- We fixed an issue where certain devices were unexpectedly not being discovered when searching for available pairings to add in Bluetooth & Other Devices Settings.
- We fixed an issue where for those with certain printers, clicking on "More settings" in the UWP app print dialog would result in the print dialog hanging.
- We fixed a recent issue where many of the advanced settings dialogs, such as the one seen when searching for driver updates, were grey or had grey components instead of the expected white.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Defender Antivirus notifications not opening Windows Defender Security Center when clicked.
- We fixed an issue resulting in a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error dialog citing a TabTip.exe runtime error unexpectedly appearing on the login screen for some Insiders.
What's improved for Mobile?
- We fixed an issue from recent flights where the volume control might stop working when listening to music in Groove after an endpoint change (for example plugging in headphones).
- We've improved speech reliability by fixing a bug where Cortana was unexpectedly failing with a connection error.
- We fixed an issue where multi-turn Cortana speech interactions weren't working (for example, when creating a reminder in multiple parts, as opposed to doing it in a single sentence).
For the full changelog, including a list of known issues, check our the official Windows Blog post!