What you need to know
- Windows 10 build 19042.746 (20H2) is available to Insiders on the Beta and Release Preview channels.
- The update doesn't include any new features.
- The build includes several security updates to areas of Windows, including Windows App Platform and Frameworks.
Windows 10 Insiders in the Beta and Release Preview channels have a new build to download. The latest update brings Windows 10 build 19042.746 (20H2) and is rolling out now to Insiders, though it doesn't include any new features. The build includes security updates to several key areas, including the Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Peripherals, and Windows Hybrid Storage Services.
Here's a detailed explanation of the security changes as found in the latest Insider blog:
- We fixed a security vulnerability issue with HTTPS-based intranet servers. After installing this update, HTTPS-based intranet servers cannot, by default, use a user proxy to detect updates. Scans using these servers will fail if you have not configured a system proxy on the clients. If you must use a user proxy, you must configure the behavior using the policy "Allow user proxy to be used as a fallback if detection using system proxy fails." To ensure the highest levels of security, also use Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) Transport Layer Security (TLS) certificate pinning on all devices. This change does not affect customers who are using HTTP WSUS servers.
- Security updates to Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Media, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Cryptography, Windows Virtualization, Windows Peripherals, and Windows Hybrid Storage Services.
You should be able to grab the latest Insider build now through Windows Update.