Microsoft today rolled out its second build of the week for Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. Coming in as build 17755, the latest Windows 10 preview build brings the usual smattering of general performance improvements and fixes, but it also comes the same day as an update to the "Your Phone" app that adds texting integration for Android users. Here's a breakdown of all of what's new and fixed.
Text from your PC – stay connected with Your Phone app
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The build watermark at the lower right-hand corner of the desktop is no longer present in this build. This does not mean this is the final build as we are not done yet. We're just now beginning the phase of checking in final code to prepare for the final release.
- We fixed an issue resulting in slower resume from hibernation on certain devices in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in HDR video being unexpectedly clipped in certain situations.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Hello spending more time in the "Getting Ready" state in recent builds.
- When you use the Ease of Access Make Text bigger setting, you might see text clipping issues, or find that text is not increasing in size everywhere.
- Narrator sometimes does not read in the Settings app when you navigate using Tab and arrow keys. Try switching to Narrator Scan mode temporarily. And when you turn Scan mode off again, Narrator will now read when you navigate using Tab and arrows key. Alternatively, you can restart Narrator to work around this issue.
As always, you can view the release notes in full at the Windows blog. If you're already a member of the Fast ring, you can download build 17755 now via Windows Update.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.