What you need to know
- A fresh update is now rolling out for the official Windows Central app for Windows 10.
- This update fixes lingering login issues, adds updated icons, and brings other improvements.
- You can download the update now as version 1.3.9 at the Microsoft Store.
A new update is now available for the official Windows Central app on Windows 10. This update brings several fixes and improvements, but the biggest one is a fix for the login issues present in prior versions. There are also updates to the iconography to match the website, along with some tweaks to the news categories.
Here's a look at all of what's new:
- Use the new podcast listening endpoint.
- Use HTTPS URLs by default.
- Fixed login by switching to use HTTPS authentication endpoints.
- Updated .NET dependencies.
- Updated article body font.
- Updated news categories.
- Updated logos and icons to match website.
With the fix in place for the login issues, you should now be able to sign into the app and comment on articles. You'll also notice our new logo on the app icon.
The Windows Central app for Windows 10 serves up the same content found on the website with an ad-free experience. For more, you can check out the latest updates with version 1.3.9 of the Windows Central app at the Microsoft Store.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.