We're back with another exciting episode of the Windows Central Podcast, and this week Daniel Rubino takes break from packing for Mobile World Congress to speak with Zac Bowden about some hot new topics for Microsoft users. First up, 'Santorini' is the new codename for the upcoming 'Windows Lite' OS. There's also an official Windows 10 Timeline extension for Google Chrome. In relation to 'Santorini', they discuss the promise and potential of foldable devices, UWP, and PWA apps. And even though the announcement may be official by the time you listen, they dissect some last minute HoloLens 2 rumors. Check it out!
This episode of the Windows Central Podcast was recorded on February 22 2019.
- LinkedIn Jobs: The right hire can make a huge impact on your business. That's why it's so important to find the right person! find the person who will help you grow your business with LinkedIn! Visit linkedin.com/wcp to get $50 off your first job post.
- Wix Creation without limits. Visit wix.com/podcast and get 10% Off Your Wix Premium Plan — enter the code WIXPROMO at checkout.
- 'Santorini' is Microsoft's new 'Windows Lite' OS codename
- Microsoft releases official Windows 10 Timeline extension for Google Chrome
- HoloLens 2 images leak ahead of official announcement at MWC 2019
Subscribe to the podcast
- Download directly: Audio
- Listen via Spotify
- Listen via: Windows Central app Windows 10 | Android
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via Google Play Music
- Subscribe via Pocket Casts
Make this show great by participating!
Send in your comments, questions, and feedback to:
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Update 4: Trump gives blessing to TikTok sale to Microsoft
TikTok may soon be owned by Microsoft. The company is reportedly in talks to buy out the U.S. portion of TikTok amid a rumored Trump administration order for TikTok owner Bytedance to divest. On Monday, President Trump says he does not oppose the sale so long as it is done by September 15.
Windows 10 build 20185 makes your DNS settings easier to access
Microsoft shipped a new Windows 10 build for Insiders in the Dev channel today. This build comes in at 20185, and includes several feature updates and fixes to check out.
ASUS gears up for Xbox Series X with first HDMI 2.1 gaming monitors
Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 are slated to support the HDMI 2.1 standard, which will bring higher bandwidth for handling 4K at up to 120Hz. Right on cue, ASUS has announced a new series of 4K, HDMI 2.1 certified monitors to take advantage of the bump in specs.
10 must-have apps for any new PC
You just purchased a new PC and set it up, and now you're looking for some great apps. Look no further. These are the best apps for your new Windows 10 PC.