Just after reaching a milestone of one million downloads, Microsoft's open-source Windows Community Toolkit is picking up one of its biggest updates yet. Coming in at version 4.0, the latest release brings developers access to new Microsoft Graph controls, a Fluent Design DataGrid control for UWP apps, and dark theme support in the sample app.
Here's a look at the highlights from Microsoft:
- New DataGrid with fluent design for all UWP developers
- Two new Microsoft Graph controls. PowerBIEmbedded enables embedding PowerBI dashboards in your UWP apps and PlannerTasksList allows users to work with Microsoft Planner tasks
- The Twitter, LinkedIn, and Microsoft Translator services have moved to the .NET Standard services package and available to even more developers, including desktop and Xamarin developers
- Strong-named packages for those developers that require strong-named assemblies
- Dark theme support for the sample app and theme chooser for each sample
Windows Community Toolkit was first launched in 2016 under another name: UWP Community Toolkit. The package is an open-source resource for Windows app developers, and has gradually expanded in scope with new controls, helpers, extensions, and more.
If you're a Windows developer and want to crack into all of what's new, you can grab Windows Community Toolkit version 4.0 and view the full release notes at GitHub.
Need a new laptop to run VR? Here are the best devices out there now.
Using a laptop to power your VR system makes it easy to take it with you wherever you go. Not just any laptop is going to work for VR, though, so we rounded up your best options right here.
Join us LIVE for the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30PM ET
We're LIVE with the Windows Central Video Podcast today at 2:30pm ET, make sure you're there!
The Black Friday keyboard deals you need to know about
Getting your hands on a new keyboard is exciting for PC users, and thanks to Black Friday, it's more affordable than ever before. Here's a look at the best Black Friday keyboard deals available now.
These are the best PC sticks for when you're on the move
Instant computer, just add a screen! That’s the general idea of the ultra-portable PC Compute Sticks, but it can be hard to know which one you want. Relax, we’ve got you covered.