What you need to know
- World of Warcraft: Classic launches on August 27.
- To celebrate, the developer is selling World of Warcraft collector's editions.
- The edition costs $100 at Amazon (opens in new tab), but they're selling out really quickly at retailers.
Yesterday, Blizzard Entertainment announced that World of Warcraft: Classic would launch on August 27. Alongside the release date, the developer said that a "World of Warcraft 15th Anniversary Collector's Edition" would be available for purchase. The $100 package comes with a number of coveted items, and it's probably going to sell out fast. As soon as GameStop gets it in stock, the collector's edition sells out in a few minutes.
Currently, you can preorder the World of Warcraft Anniversary Collector's Edition through the Blizzard Gear Store and through GameStop. However, you'll probably need to check GameStop throughout the day because it seems like they're taking preorders in waves.
The World of Warcraft Anniversary Collector's Edition comes with the following content according to the developer.
- Ragnaros statue: Behold Ragnaros, he who was ancient when this world was young! Bow, mortals, before this 10-inch immortalization of the Firelord himself.
- Onyxia pin: Add to your pin collection and adorn your home with the head of Onyxia, Broodmother of the Black Dragonflight.
- Map mouse pad: Gaze upon the realms your character has explored these past 15 years while you prepare for the next adventure.
- Art: Reach into Azeroth's vivid past with this selection of frameable fine art prints.
- Game time: Return to Azeroth with 30 days of game time to aid you on your next adventure.
- Mounts: Take to the skies with these sculpted beasts.
- Stormtalon: This item is for Alliance characters in the recent build of World of Warcraft.
- Thunderwing: The Thunderwing is for Horde characters in the latest build of World of Warcraft.
Are you interested in the World of Warcraft Anniversary Collector's Edition? Let us know. You'll have to act fast because it's selling out as you read this. It'll be available on October 8, well after World of Warcraft: Classic's launch in August.
The problems don't stop World of Warcraft being fun
The package comes with a number of coveted items, and it's probably going to sell out fast. As soon as retailers get them in stock, the collector's edition sells out in a few minutes.
Xbox accessories you'll love
Every one of these quality accessories is guaranteed to enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One (opens in new tab) ($20 at Amazon)
PowerA's take on the Xbox One controller is an attractive pickup for budget-conscious gamers that nails all the basics.
Talon PDP Xbox media remote (opens in new tab) ($20 at Amazon)
The Talon PDP Xbox media remote is great for watching shows on your console.
Xbox One S vertical stand (opens in new tab) ($10 at Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this accessory.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.
I got mine earlier today! I have no idea why GameStop is taking preorders in waves. I think this is the second or third time it's been in stock today.
And it's already sold out. That took minutes! It'll be back in stock soon I imagine.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.