What you need to know
- Just Dance 2022 is now available for Xbox consoles, PlayStation 4 and 5, and the Nintendo Switch.
- The game supports the Kinect on Xbox One consoles to track your movements.
- The Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S do not support the Kinect.
Just Dance 2022 recently launched on consoles, including the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch. The game is also available on the Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PlayStation 5, though the experience is different on modern consoles compared to their older counterparts. In what's a bit of a surprise in 2021, Just Dance 2022 supports the Kinect.
Before you dig through your drawers for a dongle to set up your Kinect, note that the accessory does not work with the Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S. Even if you have a Kinect USB adapter, it will not allow the camera to work with Microsoft's newer consoles.
If you play the game on the Xbox One, you can use the Kinect to dance along with your on-screen avatar. People with newer consoles will have to use the Just Dance Controller app, which is available on iOS and Android.
A listing on JB HI-FI outlines the different ways players can dance along with Just Dance 2022:
No additional accessories are required to join the fun! Just use your smartphone with the Just Dance Controller app!
Just Dance 2022 is compatible with:
- The Joy-Con controllers on Switch
- The PlayStation Camera on PS4
- The Kinect sensor on Xbox One
Just Dance 2022 is not compatible with:
- The HD camera on PS5
- Any camera on Xbox Series X
Just Dance 2022 has 40 new tracks. If you have Just Dance Unlimited, you'll have access to over 700 tracks throughout the duration of your subscription.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.