A new update has been announced for members of the Xbox One Preview Program, with a scheduled rollout of 6 PM PDT / 9 PM EDT to enrolled consoles. Today's update is set to target issues affecting various features, including Cortana, Messaging, and the Virtual Keyboard.
As always, today's update will automatically download if the console's 'Instant On' mode is enabled. Otherwise, the update can be manually triggered via All Settings > System > Console Info & Updates.
Here's a closer look at the changelog, which lists a number of fixes but no new features:
OS version released: rs1_xbox_rel_1610.161103-1900
Available: 6:00PM PDT 11/5 (1:00AM GMT 6/11)
- When a user attempts to send a message and cannot due to low reputation, that user will now see a dialog informing them of the reason they cannot send messages, and direct them to Xbox Support.
- Speech recognition for France, Italy, Germany, and Spain has been updated in this build to better recognize your voice commands. If you are located in one these locales, we encourage you to opt in to Cortana via the Cortana app in My games & apps. As you use Cortana we collect field data, allowing us to improve the Cortana experience for everyone.
- Groove Music should no longer crash when launched via Cortana.
- Resolved an issue which caused OneGuide to crash if launched while Narrator is active.
- Resolved an issue which could sometimes cause the virtual keyboard to stop recognizing input.
- The Detailed Network Statistics page should no longer appear blank if Xbox Live is experiencing an outage at the same time.
Make sure to stay tuned to Windows Central for all the latest Xbox One Preview updates and changes.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.