PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG) is a battle royale game focused on scavenging weapons and using stealth or other tactics to be the last person alive. The title has see unprecedented popularity on Steam and other platforms like the Xbox One over the past several months.
August 21, 2018: Limb penetration and dynamic weather will be added to PUBG today. The expected maintenance window should last two hours.
Many new features have been added to the game on PC, but the Xbox One version has always lagged behind. Luckily, some of the most requested changes like dynamic weather and limb penetration are coming to the console version soon. They're already live on the "PUBG Test Server". The test server client is a separate PUBG server that's free to download for anyone who already owns a copy of PUBG. You can read about the major additions below.
- Limb penetration changes how damage is received on the forearms.
- Dynamic weather has been added to "Erangel" and "Miramar" maps.
- Eliminated teammates can now place markers on the map.
- Colorblind settings have been improved.
- Smoke and flames from vehicles have been optimized to improve frame rate.
- Settings will now be stored in online storage.
- Decreased the volume of vehicle sounds for players inside vehicles.
We'll keep you posted as soon as these changes make their way to the Xbox Game Preview version. Limb penetration and dynamic weather are definitely the highlights of this test.
Keep an eye on WindowsCentral.com/Gaming for all the latest in Xbox and Windows 10 gaming, accessories, news, and reviews!
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.