So we've just shown you how to pair the Microsoft Band 2 with Windows 10 Mobile. You can use it right away after pairing, but we recommend doing a few things first for a better experience. You should do these six things with the Microsoft Band 2 immediately.
1. Enable Watch mode when you hold up your Microsoft Band 2. On your Band, go to Settings (gear icon), then Watch mode (clock icon). Tap the off button and change it to Rotate On. The Band 2 will ask how you wear it. For example, I've selected left arm and inside the wrist.
2. Enable Auto brightness. On your Band, go to Settings (gear icon), then Tools (another gear icon). Change the Brightness from the default Medium to Auto Set.
3. Change the color and wallpaper. On your phone, open the Microsoft Health app, tap the hamburger menu, and select Personalize Band. You can change the theme color and wallpaper from this page. There are currently 180 combinations to choose from.
4. Enable or disable tiles. On your phone, open the Microsoft Health app, tap the hamburger menu, and select Manage Tiles. Use the sliders to enable or disable tiles for your Band 2. It looks like you're allowed to have a maximum of 13 tiles. For example, I've disabled Golf and Guided Workouts, while enabling Twitter, Facebook Messenger, and Notification Center.
5. Rearrange tiles. Now that you've enabled and disabled tiles on your Band 2, you should rearrange them to your preference. On your phone, open the Microsoft Health app, tap the hamburger button, and select Manage Tiles. Tap Rearrange the tiles on Band's Start strip. Drag the tiles to change the order. Drag the tiles you use more frequently towards the left for quicker access.
6. Place the charger in the bathroom. I've found the best time to charge the Microsoft Band 2 is when I shower, so having the charger in the bathroom made sense. I don't want to charge it at night since I want to track my sleep. Let us know if you like this idea, too.
So these are the six things we recommend you should do with the Microsoft Band 2. Do you agree with the list? Are there additional things we should've mentioned too? Let us know in the comments!