Moodle is now available for Windows Phone and Windows 8. The Moodle e-learning platform is popular with schools around the globe. And unlike its big competitor Blackboard, Moodle is free. The company recently released some basic apps into the Windows Phone Store and Windows Store that should give students basic access to their courses.
Students around the globe rely on Moodle (www.moodle.org) for their education. Moodle allows teachers and professors to create online course calendars, online quizzes, class announcements and more. Students in turn can then submit assignments, download class files and more.
Here are some of the features you'll find with Moodle on Windows:
- Upload a picture into your private file area
- Record an audio file and upload it into your private file area
- Record a video and upload it into your private file area
- Send a private message to a course participant (can be done offline)
- Take a personal note about a course participant (can be done offline)
- Add a course participant to your phone contact
- Call a course participant touching the phone number
- Locate a course participant address on Google map
- Download and view some course resources
- Quick access to your course contents
- View calendar events
- Mobile Push notifications
- Remote layout/style customization (see below)
- Support for sites using CAS or Shibboleth as auth methods
- View all your past private messages and notifications
- View your activity grades in a course
Anyone using Moodle in their education?
Thanks for the tip Kyle S!