A fresh update will soon be headed out to Groove Music for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring, and it's a doozy. Not only does the update bring a number of bug fixes to the table, but it also introduces a whole new, personalized section of the app called "Your Groove."
The new section will provide fresh recommendations, automatically curated playlists based on your listening history, and more. In addition, the Explore section is updated for subscribers with featured playlists based on moods, activities and more.
Of course, there are also some bug fixes to be aware of in this release as well:
- Files opened in Groove from other applications (e.g. email) now continue playing in the background.
- The app now skips queuing up unplayable tracks when playing album/artist so your now playing queue is clean and tidy.
- We fixed the keyboard shortcut to support ESC to exit full screen now playing.
- We addressed a perf issue when playing a large playlist.
- We now attempt to recover from situations where playback appears "stuck".
- We added even more telemetry around playback as we continue to improve quality.
- We made some changes to improve the playback reliability for Groove Music Pass content in offline scenarios.
Lastly, this update bumps the app up to build number 3.6.2244.0 from 3.6.2205.0. While the update doesn't look to be available just yet, it should start heading out to Fast ring Insiders on Windows 10 PC, Mobile and HoloLens later today.