For those who love to use the video recording capabilities of Windows Phone 8.1, specifically with the ability to edit those short films, you’ll enjoy the new update to Movie Maker 8.1. The update was a long time in the making, with lots of sweat poured into to, so hopefully you’ll find something that you’ve been requesting.
Let’s take a look at what’s new and if you act now, there may be 100 free redeem codes after the break!
Movie Maker 8.1 (184.108.40.206)
- UNDO: unlimited undos!!
- Custom MP4 and MP3 encoding format
- Still frame: extract current frame, apply an effect and set a duration.
- Grey Effect: images and videos
- Fisheye Effect: images and videos
- Pinch Effect: images and video
- Warp effect: images and video
- Voice Recorder to add voice notes/recording to your movie
- Mute all clips shortcut (by popular demand)
- Change all images duration (by popular demand)
As you can see, Movie Maker 8.1 finally brings a lot of new effects to the table, including fisheye and warp, which could be a lot of fun if used appropriately. The Voice recorder and mute clips also will greatly enhance you armchair editors out there, in addition to having that unlimited ‘undo’ function, which is always necessary when doing serious edits.
If you haven’t bought this app yet, the first 100 of you who enter in ‘wpcentral2’ can nab it for free.
Here’s how to do it: Update: Codes are SOLD OUT, sorry!
- Open 220.127.116.11 version of the app
- Open a video to edit
- The pop-up opens up by clicking 10+ times the "Deleted part" red square on the Trim page
- Once you find the pop-up, enter in ‘wpcentral2’ and it should unlock for the first 100 of you
It’s tricky, so good luck on finding it!
For those who already have Movie Maker 8.1 or want a free trial ($1.99 to buy), head here to the Store!