Razer is launching a new controller for the Xbox One console that's being made specifically for eSports players. It's called the Razer Wildcat, and it was announced as part of the company's PAX Prime keynote address in Seattle.
While details about the Wildcat are still being revealed, Razer said that the wired controller will include "customizable multi-function hyper response bumpers and triggers" along with "precision trigger stops". The Wildcat will be 260 grams, compared to the regular Xbox One controller's weight of 262 grams and 360 grams for the upcoming Xbox One Elite Controller. Each Wildcat will come in its own case. The price will be $149.99 and it will ship in October 2015.
Update: Razer has now released some more details on the Wildcat controller
- 2 shoulder Hyperesponse Multi-Function bumpers
- 2 removable Hyperesponse Multi-Function triggers
- 4 Hyperesponse ABXY action buttons
- 4 button Quick Control Panel
- Optional trigger stops for rapid fire
- 3.5 mm audio port for stereo audio output and microphone input
- Optional rubber palm grips
- Optional analog stick grip caps
- Carrying case
- Detachable 3 m / 10 ft. lightweight braided fiber cable with Micro-USB connector
- Approximate size : 106 mm / 4.17 in. (Length) x 156 mm / 6.14 in. (Width) x 66 mm / 2.60 in. (Height)
- Approximate weight (without cable) : 260 gm / 0.57 lbs