It has been on heck of a week over at the Windows Phone Marketplace. From Angry Birds to Best Buy as well as Fox News and the New York Times, we've seen a lot of new apps hit the Marketplace. Even Major League Baseball got into the act.
Closing the week out Accuweather for Windows Phone 7 has blown into the Marketplace. The popular weather website is now mobile bringing you a ton of weather related information.
- Accurate and localized forecasts for all global locations. Forecasts include hourly forecasts for the next twenty-four hours, plus day and night weather forecasts and information for the next ten days. All updated hourly.
- Panoramic views with easy swiping between your stored locations (up to seven plus your current GPS location).
- Current weather conditions include time, temperature, wind speed, wind gust speed, and wind direction; humidity, visibility, UV Index, cloud cover, pressure, and sunrise and sunset.
- Severe Weather Alarms for all global locations and severe Weather Alerts for the U.S. – visible from all screens.
- Special lifestyle forecasts, such as conditions for specific sports and other outdoor activities.
You also have animated radar, satellite maps, interactive Bing Maps, and weather videos. The day and night forecasts include precipitation amounts, wind data, and Accuweather's RealFeel temps. This takes various weather conditions such as wind, humidity and other factors to give you an idea how it feels outside.
We'll give Accuweather for WP7 a test drive over the holiday weekend and get a video review up shortly. In the meantime, you can download your free copy of Accuweather for WP7 here (opens Zune) at the Marketplace.
Thanks goes out to Tahiti Bob for the tip!