After a brief hiatus, the Windows Central weekly photo contests are back! Now we've had the holidays, CES and the Windows 10 event come and go, it's time to return to (some) normality. So, we've got a new contest for all the Windows Phone photographers out there with a theme that's pretty apt for a lot of people right now. Cold.
That's not to say that you need to take a picture of snow. Be imaginative, be creative, and show us absolutely anything you think represents cold! The image up top was taken by our own Daniel Rubino with Lumia Camera 5 on the Lumia 930 with a little added HDR for good measure.
Rules are going to be just like every week. To recap:
- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person
How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums
We've got a great walkthrough on how to do just that.
If you want to share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom, be sure to use the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!
Here's how it looks this week.
This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!
One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.
We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (February 3) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.
Quick PSA: We've set up dedicated sub-forum in the Windows Central forums to keep the photo contests in one location going forward. You should bookmark this page, so you never miss a contest.
Good luck and have fun!