What you need to know
- Cyberpunk 2077 is an open-world RPG from CD Projekt RED that recently launched on PC and consoles.
- The game launched in a rough state, especially on consoles, and CDPR has been steadily releasing hotfix updates.
- The latest update, 1.06, is now rolling out to consoles and PCs with a modest changelog behind it.
- However, it does fix the save file size limit that was corrupting players' save files in extreme cases.
Cyberpunk 2077 is coming in right before the holidays with another hotfix patch update. Update 1.06 is now rolling out for consoles and PCs with a modest changelog to boast of. While this hotfix doesn't contain as many fixes as the two that came before it, it's still important, especially to a small number of PC players that may have pushed the previous 8MB save file limit (which was leading to corrupted save files). Cyberpunk 2077's constant hotfixes are to fix the massive number of Cyberpunk 2077's known issues and bugs, which have been notoriously bad.
Hotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles!
Here is the full list of changes: https://t.co/z7vI1cCQri pic.twitter.com/TYFqC7Kv4dHotfix 1.06 is available on PC and consoles!
Here is the full list of changes: https://t.co/z7vI1cCQri pic.twitter.com/TYFqC7Kv4d— Cyberpunk 2077 (@CyberpunkGame) December 23, 2020December 23, 2020
On base consoles like the Xbox One and PS4, performance and stability has been so bad that Sony made the decision to remove Cyberpunk 2077 from the Playstation Store, while Xbox extended their already generous refund policy indefinitely.
While our Cyberpunk 2077 review shows that this can be a fantastic game on PC and next-gen consoles like the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, it certainly has its fair share of issues and is nearly unplayable on older hardware.
If you're enjoying everything Cyberpunk 2077 and Night City has to offer, even with the various bugs that currently plague the title, be sure to check out our list for the Best Cyberpunk 2077 Merch, which is filled with great ideas for collectibles, gifts, and more.
The full changelog for Cyberpunk 2077's 1.06 hotfix update includes:
- Dum Dum will no longer go missing from Totentanz entrance during Second Conflict
- Improved memory management and stability, resulting in fewer crashes
- Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won't fix save files corrupted before the update
A dark and gritty world
The standard for next-gen.
Cyberpunk 2077 is the latest project from CD Projekt Red, the developers behind the Witcher 3. To follow up the game that defined a generation of gaming, Cyberpunk 2077 needed to be huge, ambitious, and captivating. Every indication says that CD Projekt Red is poised to repeat history with their sci-fi, open-world RPG adventure.
Zachary Boddy is the Minecraft Expert and a News Writer for Windows Central, Android Central, and iMore. They have been gaming and writing for most of their life, and have been freelancing for Windows Central and its sister sites since 2019, with a focus on Xbox and PC gaming. You can find Zachary on Twitter @BoddyZachary.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.