Critically acclaimed 2D platformer Rogue Legacy is now available for the Xbox One. The goal behind the game is to fully explore a castle and defeat the monsters that lurk within, and while other titles in this genre offer the same premise, Rogue Legacy's character progression is unique. Every time your character dies — and that's bound to occur often as health-replenishing food isn't easy to find — a descendant carries on the fighting, complete with a different set of skills and powers.
You get to choose from a list of three potential descendants, each differing in their class, skills and traits. Furthermore, the orientation of the castle changes everytime you die, adding variety to the mix. Here's how developer Cellar Door Games describes Rogue Legacy:
- A rogue-"lite" game for PC/Mac/Linux and PS3/PS4/PS Vita. Now available for the Xbox One!
- You will die, but your children will avenge you. They might be genetically deficient, but that's ok. You still love your colour-blind baby. Or do you?
- A procedurally generated castle. Every playthrough is different.
- Over 8 classes to choose from. Each class has unique abilities which change the way you play the game.
- Every time you play you get a little stronger. Never back to square 1.
- Find tons of loot and deck your dood OUT.
- Massive Skill tree? What? Yup.
- New game+? Zup? Yup.
- Equip runes and customize your character however you want. Wanna fly? GO FOR IT!
- Fart Jokes. Or not... Depends on how much you hate children with I.B.S.
The game is now available from the Xbox One Store for $14.99, with the studio offering a limited time discount of 20 percent to Xbox Live Gold subscribers.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Harish Jonnalagadda is a Senior Editor overseeing Asia for Android Central, Windows Central's sister site. When not reviewing phones, he's testing PC hardware, including video cards, motherboards, gaming accessories, and keyboards.