Xbox Windows Phone games AlphaJax and Galactic Reign get all the updates
Temple Run isn’t the only Windows Phone to get an update lately. A couple of Microsoft-published Xbox games were recently patched as well: AlphaJax and Galactic Reign. Do these updates fix major errors like a blank sky and missed screen swipes? Read on to find out!
AlphaJax version 1.4 release notes
- Profanity filter added to in-game chat
- Bug Fixes
- Dictionary Update:
- ade, ades – a drink composed of fruit juice
- ahi – a large tuna
- aspirin – pain reliever, been brought into proper usage as a descriptor, not a proper noun.
- demister, demisters- device for removing frost from windshields
- dongle, dongles - security device for software
- exabyte, exabytes- one quintillion bytes
- fae – reduced form of frae
- frisbee, frisbees – concave plastic disc has been brought into proper usage as a descriptor, not a proper noun.
- hotty, hotties – a sexually attractive person
- poblano, poblanos – type of chili
- poxy – Infected with pox
- quo, quos – In conjunction with quid: an action performed or thing given in return for something
- raita, raitas – cold side dish consisting of yogurt & spices
- roofie – tablet of drug Rohypnol
- rosacea – chronic skin disorder
- strobing- the action of strobe
- trub, trubs – a truffle
The profanity filter should keep abrasive players from going all Christian Bale on other players. We tested it and found that a few harsh words will still go through unfiltered, but some of the stronger ones get turned into asterisks. What’s okay to say and what isn’t? If you must know, you’ll have to put on your naughty hat and see for yourself.
The dictionary update is a welcome change. But more words still need to be added! As you might remember, I’ve been crusading for the word email to added to the game’s dictionary. The team responsible for AlphaJax’s dictionary contends that email is still spelled e-mail – you know, like it used to be back in the 1990s.
Nowadays nobody hyphenates the word, so why not reflect that in the game? If you agree with me (or have another word you’d like to see added), head over to this Xbox.com thread and make your voice heard.
AlphaJax is free and works great on Windows Phone 7 and Windows Phone 8. Get it here on the Windows Phone Store.
Galactic Reign version 1.1 release notes
- Fixed the “too many videos” bug in Battle Academy.
- Completed games no longer count toward the active game count when sending invites.
- Privacy settings are now checked consistently across all platforms.
- Tweaked certain Battle Academy challenges to make scoring more consistent.
- Updated the UI to reflect the proper values for certain components.
Galactic Reign is a sci-fi themed turn-based strategy game. We recently interviewed the team behind the game’s unique cloud-based videos – check it out here.
The changes in these update are divided between the very meh single-player Battle Academy mode and the much more wow asynchronous multiplayer mode. One change we’re still pulling for is the ability to tweak volume levels by increments instead of simply turning sound on or off… Hopefully that option will come along in the future.
Galactic Reign costs $4.99 on Windows Phone (Store Link) or Windows 8 (Store Link). Try a few multiplayer games and you might just get hooked.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Paul Acevedo is the Games Editor at Windows Central. A lifelong gamer, he has written about videogames for over 15 years and reviewed over 350 games for our site. Follow him on Twitter @PaulRAcevedo. Don’t hate. Appreciate!