Another day, another batch of updates for Windows Phone apps. While we're still in the season of festivities and incredible retail sales, today we'll be looking at UK Trains, Line and Calendar Calleague, each bumped to a new version.
Head on past the break to find out what's new in each update.
UK Trains 2.5
We haven't covered UK Trains here on Windows Phone Central yet, but it's an interesting app available on the store for those of us who reside in Great Britain. As the name suggests, UK Trains helps you stay on top of the rather complicated rail network across the country, providing up-to-date status reports on trains at hundreds of stations.
Version 2.5 introduces the following:
- Use alternative data source for more efficient data use
- Only fetch the arrival time for the first 4 departures to reduce data usage
- Disable auto-refresh by default and add an option to enable it
- UI improvements
Grab UK Trains from the Windows Phone Store for free.
If you're not familiar with Line, it's a free messenger app for Windows Phone and other platforms with millions of users worldwide. The app for Microsoft' mobile platform has just been bumped to 184.108.40.206 and is a minor update at that. According to the change log, we're only looking at bug fixes and performance improvements.
You can download Line from the Windows Phone Store for free.
Calendar Calleague 1.0.1
Calendar Calleague is a sweet app for Windows Phone for anyone who makes good use of a calendar, as well as conference calls. If you're struggling to keep up with all the connections you have listed down, this app helps make your life easier through automation.
Here's what's new in Calendar Calleague 1.0.1:
- When swiping the month view up/down the month will always change.
- Feature store now loads consistently
- Fixes to help prevent stuck Live Tile
- Added new settings to display the week # on the Month View, Live Tile, and Lock Screen.
- Added double-tap to add new appointment on the Month View
- Added 3 larger font sizes
- Added new prev/next navigation buttons and a new today button to the Agenda, Day, and Week Views
- Live Tile and Lock screen only show the current day's meetings
- New Contact Pane. When tapping on the organizer or attendee on the details page, if the person is in your contact list, all of their phone #'s and email addresses will display so that you can either tap to call them or tap to email them. If the person is not in your contact list, you will be able to just email them.
- Minor performance tweaks and bug fixes.
Update: Turns out, we've jumped the gun on this update. The above list of features will be included in version 1.1.
Download Calendar Calleague from the Windows Phone Store for free.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Rich Edmonds was formerly a Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
A lot of train operators don't run any services on Boxing Day...which would probably explain the lack of data :)
I'm looking for LINE Camera to come to WP!
I really love this kind of posts, since the WP app store is not that good at delivaring updates quickly. its great since i dont have to go through my apps one by one. Hope they fiexd the problem with LINE when i cant exit the app by pressing the back button.
Tumblr should update their application because I am ashamed when showing my friends any post on Tumblr bc it has 0 features and drains data.
When will gdr3 update available for global download?
Nice to se CC updates. Really rooting for this to me my one and only calender app. And if these updates keep coming were going to get there really fast.
Thank you Nakazul - You can be assured that updates will be coming quite frequently, including support for Outlook, Google, & Facebook calendars as well as Live Tile and Lock Screen customizations. If you have any feedback on how to make CC even better, please feel free to share your ideas. - Joe (goodbar development)
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.