As you might have heard, indie strategy title Armed! is one amazing game. With great graphics, an amazing UI, deep strategic gameplay, and online multiplayer to boot, Armed! is heads and tails above most Xbox Live games (and certainly Fusion: Sentient). What’s more, Dallas-based developer Sickhead Games plans to show Armed! lots of support, starting with today’s update.
The Armed! version 1.1 update consists primarily of bug fixes (full list past the break). As of now, most known issues have been addressed. I can enter my Scoreloop information without the game crashing now, so that’s one improvement. A version 1.2 update with Fast App Switching support is also on the way. I’m a bit surprised they didn’t enable the feature in this patch (it’s beyond easy), but apparently Sickhead was concerned about locking out Nodo users (do they still exist?).
Head past the break for the full changelog.
Armed! Version 1.1 release notes
- Fixed bug in resource control that caused the client to crash in non-US Locales.
- Specified a DefaultCharacter in our fonts. Now displaying "@" for characters that don't exist in the given SpriteFont.
- Leaderboards now sort by rank, rather than rating.
- Multiple bug fixes and improvements to the Scoreloop screen.
- Prevented some exceptions from being thrown when Scoreloop returns bad info
- Disabled Scoreloop Page's controls while a field is updating
- Now displaying an "Updating..." spinner while updating a user's details.
- Better error handling support and messages.
- Fixed crash when entering e-mail in Scoreloop screen
- Scoreloop has fixed their "Changing e-mails" problem. (http://bit.ly/xjMh4a)
- Fixed issue that prevented the Friends list from scrolling in some cases.
- Added "Buy Now!" button while in trial mode, added Rate + Review option to the system pivot.
- Scoreloop names now update and display on the loading screen when changed during a session.
- Adjusted layout of PlayerInfo in Multiplayer loading screen. No longer show player info in Single Player.
- Better AdBanner placement.
- Added an Ad to the lobby screen for trial users.
- Added a missing WebBrowserComponent for Ads.
- Fixed and simplified the filters for finding a Ranked Match.
- Buyscreen for a "blocked" Factory (One with no valid build locations) is no longer accessible from a doubletap. Prevents crash.
- LaserTurret's penetration upgrade can no longer hit units that are not visible.
- Updated subtext for "Custom Match" entry on the Main Menu
- Reduced the number of people visible in "Your Rating" section of the leaderboard.
- Users on X version of the client may only challenge or matchmake against other people on X version.
Armed! costs $3.99 and has a free trial. The price might seem like a lot for a non-Xbox Live title, but trust me, it’s worth it. Pick it up here on the Marketplace.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.