Battlefield 6 may be set in modern times
Battlefield 6 goes back to roots.
What you need to know
- Battlefield 6 is under development at DICE.
- Insiders suggest that it takes place in modern times.
- It's unclear what the focus will be this time around.
- Battlefield V wasn't as well-received as EA had hoped.
Battlefield is a major EA franchise, but the latest entry, Battlefield V didn't set the sales charts on fire. I'm speculating here, but many gamers want a return to modern times? It seems like EA thinks so because many insiders are saying that Battlefield 6 does exactly that.
Yup. https://t.co/Yotw6vVBcUYup. https://t.co/Yotw6vVBcU— Jeff Grubb (@JeffGrubb) June 9, 2020June 9, 2020
Battlefield has always been about tactical combat, and it'll be interesting to see how Battlefield 6 pushes this further on next-generation hardware. Don't expect the game this year though, but from what we've heard, it's in the early stages of development. As with any such rumor, take it with the grain of salt until we receive official confirmation.
Play more games
Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live Gold in one
Xbox Game Pass gives you access to over a hundred games for one monthly fee. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate also adds Xbox Live Gold to the package so you can play online with your friends.
- What is Xbox Game Pass?
- Best 4K TVs for Xbox Series X and S
- Must-buy Xbox One Headsets
- Our Favorite Xbox One Wireless Headsets
- Best Upcoming Xbox Games for 2021
- Xbox One X vs. Xbox Series S
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Asher Madan handles gaming news for Windows Central. Before joining Windows Central in 2017, Asher worked for a number of different gaming outlets. He has a background in medical science and is passionate about all forms of entertainment, cooking, and antiquing.