Microsoft's Beam streaming app officially launched on Xbox One last week, and now both Beam and Xbox Wire are celebrating with the delightfully tongue twister-inducing Beam Theme Week. Throughout the week, you'll be able to not only get tips on using Beam, but you can win prizes by checking out streamers participating in Beam Theme Week.
Over on Xbox Wire (opens in new tab), Microsoft will have daily posts on aspects of Beam and its community. If you're looking for a primer on what Beam is all about, those will serve as a handy guide.
Meanwhile, Beam itself is where the bulk of the Theme Week fun is happening. True to its name, Theme Week will have a specific theme for each day that streamers can perticipate in. Here's a look:
- Mighty Monday: Vanquish the Monday blues by getting heroic! This could mean being a superhero (Anti-Procrastination Man, anyone?), paying tribute to your personal heroes, or even cosplaying as a character from mythology.
- Tropical Tuesday: BYOP (Bring Your Own Parrot. Or pineapple. Palm tree, even.)
- Onesie Wednesday: Try saying that five times fast! We think this day is fairly self-explanatory.
- Thursday of the Dead: Zombies, and monsters, and ghouls! Oh my!
- Fancy Friday: Time to suit up! Feel free to be as swanky or gaudy as you like.
For viewers, checking out participating streamers will have its benefits. Throughout the week, Beam will be giving away 2,000 Beam Pro codes, Xbox Live Gold 3-month codes, and ID@Xbox game codes to people tuning in. You can find participating streamers through categories in Browse named after each Theme day. Just participate in chat and you could win one of the codes up for grabs.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daniel and Zac in suits?
Ain't gonna happen :-)
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.