Microsoft is rolling out a brand new update to its official Android launcher for those in the beta program that introduces a whole bunch of new changes and features. Today's release bumps the version number to 4.3, and includes the following new changes:
- App grid options: Support for 12X12 grid layout and half grid granularity.
- New user experience: Migration from other launchers and backup / restore on welcome page.
- Drag/drop apps do not enter edit mode.
- Some UI adjustments: App title font display and folder icon/shape edit, dock support for more than 5 apps, search bar default to bottom. theme support for settings page, and settings page restructure.
- General crash and bug fixes.
This is a pretty big update for the Microsoft Launcher, adding some highly requested and much needed features. Being able to pin more than five apps to the dock is a great addition, as well as being able to adjust how many icons are in a row or column on the home screen.
Exclusive: The Falconeer is a chill blend of Star Fox and Sea of Thieves
We recently got to spend some time with the latest beta build for the Xbox Series X/S launch title - The Falconeer. Get your first look at some exclusive gameplay right here.
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
The budget phones to buy to play xCloud on right now
If you want to play games from Microsoft's xCloud service on your phone, then you'll need Android. If you already have a phone, then great, you're all set, but if you're looking to get a new device without breaking the bank then have a look at this little lot.