What you need to know
- Monster Hunter Rise is the latest mainline title in Capcom's Monster Hunter franchise.
- The PC version of Monster Hunter Rise will include all of the Nintendo Switch version's post-launch content up until Ver.3.6.1.
- Capcom plans to sync up the PC version's future content updates with the Nintendo Switch version's by the end of February.
Back in September, Capcom revealed a PC version of Monster Hunter Rise, the latest entry in their best-selling, action-hunting series, Monster Hunter. Capcom also announced that the PC version will contain all the post-launch content that the original Nintendo Switch version received up until November. Now two months later, Capcom has detailed how much content Monster Hunter Rise will have on PC at launch.
A post to the Monster Hunter website states the PC version of Monster Hunter Rise will launch with all the Nintendo Switch version's content up until Ver.3.6.1. which includes:
- All the Collaboration Quests where you get to fight various monsters and obtain materials to craft layered armor sets (cosmetic gear) based on other video games. These include costumes themed after Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, Street Fighter V, Okami, Mega Man 11, Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection, and Sonic the Hedgehog.
- All the Event Quests which reward players with emotes, poses, layered armor and more.
- Seven post-game monsters to hunt, such as Teostra, Kushala Daora, Chameleos, Crimson Glow Valstrax, Apex Diablos, Apex Rathalos, and Apex Zinogre.
- The true ending to the High-Rank Gathering Hub storyline where you must hunt the Wind Serpent Ibushi and Thunder Serpent Narwa, back-to-back in a final showdown.
Capcom has also stated that it plans to sync the release schedule for all future PC updates with the Nintendo Switch experience by the end of February. The news should be welcomed by PC players, meaning they get to experience all the future title updates from day one, without waiting months to catch up to the console version, as seen with Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.
In addition, this could be a sign that the upcoming expansion, Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, will release for both the Nintendo Switch and PC on the same day. In fact, judging from our preview of the PC demo, this game has a high chance of becoming one of the best multiplayer PC games to play with your friends online.
Monster Hunter Rise for PC is scheduled to release via Steam on Jan. 12, 2022. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak has a tentative release for the summer of 2022, however, its specific release date has yet to be unveiled.
It's time to hunt once more
Rise up with your friends to save Kamura Village from the Rampage.
Get ready to hunt the deadliest monsters in video game history in Monster Hunter Rise. Use the new Wirebug tool to swing across the land and bring down monsters that rule the sky. Take on fierce Apex Monsters and Elder Dragons alone or bring your friends to hunt them together in 4-player co-op.
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Alexander Cope is a writer for Windows Central and iMore that has been gaming since the 16-bit era.
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.