What you need to know
- Monster Hunter Rise is the latest mainline title in Capcom's Monster Hunter franchise.
- The PC version of Monster Hunter Rise will include all of the Nintendo Switch version's post-launch content up until Ver.3.6.1.
- Capcom plans to sync up the PC version's future content updates with the Nintendo Switch version's by the end of February.
Back in September, Capcom revealed a PC version of Monster Hunter Rise, the latest entry in their best-selling, action-hunting series, Monster Hunter. Capcom also announced that the PC version will contain all the post-launch content that the original Nintendo Switch version received up until November. Now two months later, Capcom has detailed how much content Monster Hunter Rise will have on PC at launch.
A post to the Monster Hunter website states the PC version of Monster Hunter Rise will launch with all the Nintendo Switch version's content up until Ver.3.6.1. which includes:
- All the Collaboration Quests where you get to fight various monsters and obtain materials to craft layered armor sets (cosmetic gear) based on other video games. These include costumes themed after Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, Street Fighter V, Okami, Mega Man 11, Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection, and Sonic the Hedgehog.
- All the Event Quests which reward players with emotes, poses, layered armor and more.
- Seven post-game monsters to hunt, such as Teostra, Kushala Daora, Chameleos, Crimson Glow Valstrax, Apex Diablos, Apex Rathalos, and Apex Zinogre.
- The true ending to the High-Rank Gathering Hub storyline where you must hunt the Wind Serpent Ibushi and Thunder Serpent Narwa, back-to-back in a final showdown.
Capcom has also stated that it plans to sync the release schedule for all future PC updates with the Nintendo Switch experience by the end of February. The news should be welcomed by PC players, meaning they get to experience all the future title updates from day one, without waiting months to catch up to the console version, as seen with Monster Hunter World: Iceborne.
In addition, this could be a sign that the upcoming expansion, Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak, will release for both the Nintendo Switch and PC on the same day. In fact, judging from our preview of the PC demo, this game has a high chance of becoming one of the best multiplayer PC games to play with your friends online.
Monster Hunter Rise for PC is scheduled to release via Steam on Jan. 12, 2022. Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak has a tentative release for the summer of 2022, however, its specific release date has yet to be unveiled.
It's time to hunt once more
Rise up with your friends to save Kamura Village from the Rampage.
Get ready to hunt the deadliest monsters in video game history in Monster Hunter Rise. Use the new Wirebug tool to swing across the land and bring down monsters that rule the sky. Take on fierce Apex Monsters and Elder Dragons alone or bring your friends to hunt them together in 4-player co-op.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.
Alexander Cope is a gaming veteran of 30-plus years, primarily covering PC and Xbox games here on Windows Central. Gaming since the 8-bit era, Alexander's expertise revolves around gaming guides and news, with a particular focus on Japanese titles from the likes of Elden Ring to Final Fantasy. Alexander is always on deck to help our readers conquer the industry's most difficult games — when he can pry himself away from Monster Hunter that is!