What you need to know
- Cities: Skylines is a critically acclaimed city management simulator from Paradox Interactive, and has enjoyed years of support.
- During an ID@Xbox stream, Paradox announced the next DLC expansion heading to Cities: Skylines.
- Cities: Skylines Airports will let players design, manage, and upgrade custom airports for their cities instead of the previous "one size fits all" approach.
- The Airports DLC will release on Jan. 25, 2022 on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC simultaneously.
If you've ever desired to build and manage your own virtual city, the number one recommendation from most people will likely be Cities: Skylines, a long-running city management simulator from Paradox Interactive. Cities: Skylines features tons of content in its base game, available on multiple platforms, but Paradox has released numerous DLC expansions to augment and evolve the game over the years. During an ID@Xbox stream, Paradox announced the next DLC heading to Cities: Skylines. Introducing: Airports!
Cities: Skylines Airports will let players move away from the generic "one size fits all" airports currently in the game and customize their own. With this DLC expansion, players will be able to:
- Design a modular airport. Airports will have a wide variety of buildings that players can place wherever they want and connect together, resulting in a custom airport tailored to your city.
- Unlock expansions and upgrades. As your city grows and your airport becomes more popular, you'll progress through an upgrade tree to unlock new buildings, airplanes, and more.
- Connect to public transit and commercial transport. Your airport doesn't exist in a vacuum, and can be connected to your cities' various public transit systems via placeable buildings. You can also integrate your commercial cargo transport into the airport to help haul in goods and products more efficiently.
The Cities: Skylines Airports DLC will be available starting on Jan. 25, 2022, and is releasing simultaneously on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PlayStation, and PC platforms. At the moment, there's no word on when this DLC can be expected for Nintendo Switch. When it releases, the Airports DLC will run for $13, and doesn't appear to be included in any existing Season Passes.
Cities: Skylines is an impressive city management simulator, and is certainly one of the best Xbox games for fans of the genre. If you haven't experienced what Cities: Skylines has to offer yet, it's available now and is even offered in a Mayor's Edition that includes almost all previously released DLC expansions. The base game of Cities: Skylines is also available through Xbox Game Pass for Xbox and PC.
You can see more screenshots of the Cities: Skylines Airports DLC below.
The best city builder
An always-evolving city
Cities: Skylines is one of the best city management simulators available now, and it's constantly evolving and expanding with new DLC over time. Cities: Skylines Mayor's Edition includes almost all of the current DLC expansions for the game, ensuring you're prepared for the arrival of the Airports DLC on Jan. 25, 2022.
A catalog of games
All your gaming needs, in one subscription.
Is the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value in all of gaming? It's possible. Ultimate bundles your Xbox Live Gold subscription, an Xbox Game Pass subscription for both Xbox consoles and Windows PCs, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for on-the-go. The base game of Cities: Skylines is included in Xbox Game Pass on Xbox and PC.