Citrix Receiver lets you access your enterprise files, applications, and desktops to help you be as productive on the go as you are in the office. If you already use it, then you would probably like to know that the app for Windows Phone 8 has just been updated. Version 1.2 features several things like support for Netscaler Gateway 10.1 and multiple in-session screen display options.
Head past the break to read the full change log.
What’s new in version 1.2 according to the store listing:
- Text input editor for East Asian languages
- Fully localized for French, German, International Spanish, Italian, and European Portuguese
- Expanded support for the Mobile SDK for Windows Apps
- Support for Netscaler Gateway 10.1
- Direct connections to XenMobile App Controller apps (Web and SaaS apps) without a Storefront proxy.
- Multiple in-session screen display options
- Log collection for debugging purposes.
- On-screen assistance for in-session gestures
Citrix Receiver lets you access your applications, desktops, and data easily and securely from any device, including smartphones, tablets, PCs and Macs. For smartphones, there’s an app on Android, iOS, Blackberry, and Windows Phone. The software allows devices to connect to various desktop virtualization services offered by Citrix. It’s designed as an important component for XenDesktop and XenApp installations. If these things sound foreign, this app is probably not for you.
Citrix isn’t a stranger to Windows Phone. They have also just released GoToMeeting for Windows Phone. It is used for online meetings on the go.
Citrix Receiver is a free download from the Windows Phone Store. It requires a specific configuration, so ask your IT department how to get started after installation. Do you use Citrix Receiver as part of your job? Let us know what you think of the Windows Phone app in the comments!
Thanks for the tip, Richard D.!