What you need to know
- Konami has a large back catalog of classic games.
- Today, Konami revealed that several of these games, such as Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance, are now available on GOG.
- GOG is a PC storefront that often specializes in playable versions of older games.
If you've been looking for a way to play some older Konami games on PC, we've got great news. Konami and CD Projekt-owned PC storefront GOG have teamed up, bringing classic Konami titles Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance and more to PC. Here's the full list of games now available:
- Metal Gear
- Metal Gear Solid
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
- Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
- Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse
- Super C
It's worth noting that the non-Metal Gear games are all bundled as one collection and aren't available to purchase separately. All of these games are now compatible with Windows 10 and should support modern PC gaming controllers like the Xbox One Wireless Controller.
GOG often has special ports of older games that were previously lost to time, such as the Blade Runner point-and-click game. With the addition of these titles, there's another chunk of classic games that can be experienced — either again or for the very first time. Is this simply a move to support old titles, or does it signal more interest in these Konami IPs moving forward? We'll have to wait and see.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.