Interested in becoming a Crime Lord? You now can with Crime Coast for Windows Phone. The game puts you in the midst of gang warfare at coastal cities, transforming them into gangster paradise. Team up with friends to become partners in crime, build up your own empire and take on the well-established strongholds to reap the rewards.
Crime Coast is an end result of Greenshoots, the initiative by Microsoft and Creative England that offered up to 10 indie game studios a cash injection of up to £25,000. Here are some of the features highlighted on the Windows Phone Store:
- Detailed city building featuring everything from junkyards to mansions
- Choose from 1 of 8 unique bad-ass henchmen from various nations to make sure your gang succeeds
- Competitive multiplayer mafia mode
- Use your corrupt attorney. He's great for breaking out cons to work for you
- Raid rival mafia kings' towns and cities to steal their loot and protect your own city at all costs
- Rich and detailed sprite-based art style
- Unique vehicle system. Ride along on a raid or deploy a car bomb for total destruction
- Lighthearted comedy. Spot the jokes and movie references
- Innovative social gameplay features. Watch your friends' backs or, if you have to, become a snitch!
A network connection is required since it's an online title. There are also in-app purchases available, but you can grab Crime Coast for free.
Rich Edmonds is Senior Editor of PC hardware at Windows Central, covering everything related to PC components and NAS. He's been involved in technology for more than a decade and knows a thing or two about the magic inside a PC chassis. You can follow him over on Twitter at @RichEdmonds.
So many games for wp recently. Just need more official apps.
So many games, so little time :-/. Downloading anyway as it looks interesting....
Looks pretty cool, gonna check it out.
Isn't work... I open and all in game is green. Lol :)))))) lumia 630
Mafia city is better than this shit !
It's pretty good, actually. So far I've only played for an hour or so and I'm liking what I've played up to this point. Nice visuals and sound is also good. I'll probably waste quite a bit of time on this game.
Doesn't work, just black screen, NL930.
Pls Tel me tat this game need internet connection
Yes, it is mentioned in the article. Why not take the pain of reading a few lines of the article rather than asking here and then waiting for someone to reply :D
I don't get the argument, we need official apps. We have alternatives that are as good and do the same thing. Instagram beta for example. As good as the official app. I certainly 2 yrs down the line do not feel I am having to compete with apple or android any more. There is more than enough apps to live independently from their eco system and nit feel left out. I am at the point where the iPad is going as well for a surface replacement.
This game is awesome! I rapidly became addicted to it , Lol
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.