Koei Tecmo has now relaunched its Xbox One fighting game Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Core Fighters as a free-to-play game. Players can download the base game, with four characters, for free, and add other fighters for additional fees.
Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round was previously released this year on the Xbox One, with a free trial available for four characters. However, that trial version would not let players purchase additional fighters, which was allowed for the $4.99 Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Core Fighters. Now Koei Tecmo has basically ditched the free, but fixed, trial version and made Dead or Alive 5 Last Round Core Fighters free-to-play with four characters (Ayane, Hayate, Kasumi, and Ryu Hayabusa) that are playable in every mode except Story Mode.
Both Story Mode, along with many more characters and costumes, can be added to the game for additional fees. In addition, there are some special bundle deals that are available for the game from now until Dec. 7:
- Ninja Clan 1 Costume Set - $8.69 (40% off)
- Ninja Clan 2 Costume Set - $8.69 (40% off)
- Ninja Clan 3 Costume Set - $8.69 (40% off)
- Ninja Clan Complete Set (Special Bundle for this sale only) - $23.91
- Core Fighters 30 Characters - $26.66 (45% off)
- Ninja Clan Complete Set + Core Fighters 26 Characters (Special Bundle for this sale only) - $45.98
Check out our in-depth Dead or Alive 5 review for more details!
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.