Destiny 2: Shadowkeep launch times have been announced
Here's the times you should keep in mind if you're eager to hop into the Shadowkeep expansion for Destiny 2 on October 1.
What you need to know
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep is the newest expansion for Destiny 2.
- Ahead of the expansion's release, the official launch times have been revealed.
- Players are expected to be able to access Shadowkeep on October 1 at 1:00 p.m. EST, though it could take a bit longer due to maintenance.
- You can get the Destiny 2: Shadowkeep expansion for $35 at the Microsoft Store (opens in new tab).
Destiny 2: Shadowkeep is almost here and ahead of this expansion's release, eager players might be wondering just when they'll be able to hop in and head for the moon. According to the official status page that Bungie operates, Destiny 2 is currently offline for maintenance. Destiny 2 is expected to come back online at 1:00 p.m. EST on October 1, which is also when the update bringing the Shadowkeep expansion will begin rolling out.
Please note that it may take a little longer in order for the game services to come back online, as well as needing to allow for the expansion to roll out across different regions. If there's a significant change in the expected timeframe, we'll be sure to let you know. For now, get ready for the launch on October 1. Destiny 2: Shadowkeep is bringing tons of new content, changes to the way stats work and more.
To the Moon
Nightmares are born
Shadowkeep is the start of a whole new chapter for the team at Bungie. Expect huge new bosses, new raids, new moves, and oh so many new weapons and armor.
Xbox (opens in new tab)
- What is Xbox Game Pass?
- Best 4K TVs for Xbox Series X and S
- Must-buy Xbox One Headsets
- Our Favorite Xbox One Wireless Headsets
- Best Upcoming Xbox Games for 2021
- Xbox One X vs. Xbox Series S
Windows Central Newsletter
Get the best of Windows Central in your inbox, every day!
Samuel Tolbert is a freelance writer covering gaming news, previews, reviews, interviews and different aspects of the gaming industry, specifically focusing on Xbox and PC gaming on Windows Central. You can find him on Twitter @SamuelTolbert.