Blizzard has just delivered a breath of fresh air into Diablo III with the release of patch 2.6.0 and the game's latest class, the Necromancer. The patch is now live on both Xbox One and PC, and Blizzard has released the official patch notes; here are the highlights.
New Class: Necromancer
- As a master of the dark arts, you wield the powers of life and death necessary to restore the Balance! Necromancers are powerful spell casters who lay waste to their enemies using curses and reanimation—along with an obedient cadre of pets. This new class employs a controlled gameplay style using the raw materials of life: blood and bone.
- Note: This class is available through the Rise of the Necromancer pack. For more details, please click here.
New Items for the Necromancer
- Over 30 new Legendary items have been added for the Necromancer class, along with four class-exclusive Sets featuring unique themes. Set Dungeons have also been added for each of the new Sets, providing you new opportunities to test your mettle.
New Feature: Challenge Rifts
- Explore new builds created by your fellow players in a weekly static dungeon! You can access these through the main screen, similar to Adventure Mode and Campaign Mode.
New Zones: The Shrouded Moors and the Temple of the Firstborn
- The fog-enshrouded Moors and the darkened Temple of the Firstborn can be explored in Adventure Mode through a new waypoint on the Act 2 map.
New Bounties: Realms of Fate
- Four new Waypoints have appeared in Adventure Mode. Each one has bounties to complete. These Realms of Fate are the unintended consequences of the battle between the nephalem and Diablo in the High Heavens.
Alongside the launch of the Necromancer, Blizzard has also released the Diablo III: Eternal Collection. This bundle combines the original release with the Reaper of Souls expansion and the new Necromancer pack for $60. Xbox Live Gold members can currently save a 33 percent on the bundle, however, knocking it down to $39.
Dan Thorp-Lancaster is the Editor in Chief for Windows Central. He began working with Windows Central as a news writer in 2014 and is obsessed with tech of all sorts. You can follow Dan on Twitter @DthorpL and Instagram @heyitsdtl. Got a hot tip? Send it to email@example.com.
Way over priced IMO. I would have expected to see a listing of $19.99. Less for Xbox Live Gold Members. Shame... EDIT: I see it was bundled with the ROS expansion. $40 isn't too shabby. The actual cost of the pack is $15.
Got it and playing it. The new class certainly creates a whole list of combo opportunites for grifting. Good update (15 bucks is a little pricey, but its blizzard ... they're never cheap)
I got it on my mac today and have been playing. It started me from scratch as if I have not played before. But I don't mind as it is fun playing a brand new character. I will complete on pc before upgrading my xbox one game.
10/10 will buy. I don't care about the price, I just want some necro love. That sounds really bad.
Get the best of Windows Central in in your inbox, every day!
Thank you for signing up to Windows Central. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.