Blizzard has just delivered a breath of fresh air into Diablo III with the release of patch 2.6.0 and the game's latest class, the Necromancer. The patch is now live on both Xbox One and PC, and Blizzard has released the official patch notes; here are the highlights.
New Class: Necromancer
- As a master of the dark arts, you wield the powers of life and death necessary to restore the Balance! Necromancers are powerful spell casters who lay waste to their enemies using curses and reanimation—along with an obedient cadre of pets. This new class employs a controlled gameplay style using the raw materials of life: blood and bone.
- Note: This class is available through the Rise of the Necromancer pack. For more details, please click here.
New Items for the Necromancer
- Over 30 new Legendary items have been added for the Necromancer class, along with four class-exclusive Sets featuring unique themes. Set Dungeons have also been added for each of the new Sets, providing you new opportunities to test your mettle.
New Feature: Challenge Rifts
- Explore new builds created by your fellow players in a weekly static dungeon! You can access these through the main screen, similar to Adventure Mode and Campaign Mode.
New Zones: The Shrouded Moors and the Temple of the Firstborn
- The fog-enshrouded Moors and the darkened Temple of the Firstborn can be explored in Adventure Mode through a new waypoint on the Act 2 map.
New Bounties: Realms of Fate
- Four new Waypoints have appeared in Adventure Mode. Each one has bounties to complete. These Realms of Fate are the unintended consequences of the battle between the nephalem and Diablo in the High Heavens.
Alongside the launch of the Necromancer, Blizzard has also released the Diablo III: Eternal Collection. This bundle combines the original release with the Reaper of Souls expansion and the new Necromancer pack for $60. Xbox Live Gold members can currently save a 33 percent on the bundle, however, knocking it down to $39.
Get the Windows Central Newsletter
All the latest news, reviews, and guides for Windows and Xbox diehards.