Best answer: Yes, Gotham Knight does have co-op. Though there are four playable characters in the game — Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin, and Red Hood — Gotham Knights only supports 2-player online co-op.
- Batman's last outing: Batman: Arkham Knight ($20 at Microsoft)
Who are the playable characters in Gotham Knights?
Batgirl, Robin, Red Hood, and Nightwing are playable in Gotham Knights. Here's what Warner Bros. Montreal has to say about them:
- Batgirl, also known as Barbara Gordon, is a determined fighter and a skilled hacker. As the daughter of deceased Gotham commissioner, Jim Gordon, she had helped Batman as Oracle in the past. Now, after years of recovery and preparation, she is ready to step into her new role, wielding her melee tonfa, and harnessing her training in kickboxing, capoeira and jiu-jitsu.
- Nightwing is Dick Grayson, the first Robin, who was Batman's protégé before becoming a hero in his own right. He's a natural leader and the eldest and wisest member of the Batman Family. Nightwing's mastery in acrobatics is complemented by his expertise use of his signature dual Escrima Sticks, making him proficient at taking out enemies.
- Red Hood, formerly known as Jason Todd, is an intense and volatile anti-hero, which stems from his death and forced resurrection by one of Batman's most dangerous foes. Red Hood has trouble keeping his temper in check but will not hesitate to step into the line of fire when a friend is threatened. His training has given him peak human strength and proficiency in multiple combat techniques with all manner of weapons – both traditional and high-tech.
- Robin is Tim Drake, the young prodigy and genius of the team, who is a master of deductive reasoning. As a true believer in Batman's mission, he is motivated by the conviction that Gotham City needs protecting and hopes to be the type of hero Batman personified. An expert fighter armed with his collapsible quarterstaff and skilled in a variety of stealth techniques, Robin also possesses a background in combined psychological warfare and behavioral sciences.
How many players does co-op support?
Gotham Knights will only support 2-player co-op, despite four playable characters being present. Warner Bros. Montreal has not discussed the reasoning behind this limitation.
Does Gotham Knights support couch co-op?
No. From what Warner Bros. Montreal has communicated, Gotham Knights will not support couch co-op. The developer only mentions online co-op in its press release, so it's within reason that local splitscreen is not supported.
Can I play Gotham Knights single-player?
Yes, Gotham Knights can be played solo. The entire game can be played in single-player, much like previous Batman games. Because the game heavily promotes its co-op, there's some concern that its an online-only game, but this does not appear to be the case.
When does Gotham Knights release?
Batman: Arkham Knight
From vigilantes to heroes to knights
Gotham Knights may not take place in Rocksteady's Arkham universe, but Arkham Knight is still a great game to get into if you want a Batman game you can sink your teeth into right now. With Batman (allegedly) dead in Gotham Knights, this may be your last shot as playing the caped crusader for a while.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.