What you need to know
- E3 is a gaming event that takes place every year.
- E3 isn't as popular as it once was due to the rising popularity of conferences like Gamescom.
- The organizers want to revamp the event so that it's better for the public.
- An allegedly leaked presentation revealed these plans.
It's no secret that E3 isn't having the best time in recent years. While conferences like Gamescom garner hundreds of thousands of visitors, E3 2019 saw around 66,000. In an effort to revamp the event's format and attract more people, the organizing body wants it to rebrand it as a "fan, media, and influencer" festival. GameDaily managed to get its hands on a presentation on just how this would work.
We've highlighted some of the main points below. However, the focus here appears to be on "experiences" instead of an overflow of traditional booths.
- There will be eight experience hubs in the middle of the traditional booths.
- There may be a strong focus on celebrities and other influential people to attend.
- There may be an industry-only day before the event opens up to the public.
- E3 wants to focus on "social good" to become more popular with younger people.
- Paid media partnerships with major outlets to increase the reach of E3 and exhibitors.
As with any such leak, take it with a grain of salt. For all we know, this could be an elaborate hoax. However, from what we've heard, it looks like this presentation is real because a number of different sources can corroborate it.
What do you think about E3's plans to revamp its image and increase attendance? Let us know. Do you think it's going to work?
Xbox accessories you'll love
Every one of these quality accessories is guaranteed to enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One ($20 at Amazon)
PowerA's take on the Xbox One controller is an attractive pickup for budget-conscious gamers that nails all the basics.
Talon PDP Xbox media remote ($20 at Amazon)
The Talon PDP Xbox media remote is great for watching shows on your console.
Xbox One S vertical stand ($10 at Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this accessory.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Here's everything you need to know about Windows 10X
Microsoft is building a new version of Windows 10 called Windows 10X that will be launching on new foldable PCs starting at the end of this year. Here's everything we know about it.
Baldur's Gate III gameplay to be revealed on February 27
The world will get its first look at Baldur's Gate III gameplay on February 27 via a live stream from PAX East. Baldur's Gate III is being developed and published by Larian Studios.
Would you buy a smartphone with full Windows 10 on ARM?
Earlier today, a company called Emperion unveiled details about a smartphone its building that supposedly runs full Windows 10, on an overclocked Snapdragon 845 processor, that’s also able to run Android apps without emulation or dual-booting with Android. It sounds too good to be true, and it probably is, but let’s assume this is a product that can be executed on. Would you buy it?
Check out EVERY Xbox One controller style and color
Find the perfect Xbox One controller for you with this complete list of every design to date.