What you need to know
- E3 is a gaming event that takes place every year.
- E3 isn't as popular as it once was due to the rising popularity of conferences like Gamescom.
- The organizers want to revamp the event so that it's better for the public.
- An allegedly leaked presentation revealed these plans.
It's no secret that E3 isn't having the best time in recent years. While conferences like Gamescom garner hundreds of thousands of visitors, E3 2019 saw around 66,000. In an effort to revamp the event's format and attract more people, the organizing body wants it to rebrand it as a "fan, media, and influencer" festival. GameDaily managed to get its hands on a presentation on just how this would work.
We've highlighted some of the main points below. However, the focus here appears to be on "experiences" instead of an overflow of traditional booths.
- There will be eight experience hubs in the middle of the traditional booths.
- There may be a strong focus on celebrities and other influential people to attend.
- There may be an industry-only day before the event opens up to the public.
- E3 wants to focus on "social good" to become more popular with younger people.
- Paid media partnerships with major outlets to increase the reach of E3 and exhibitors.
As with any such leak, take it with a grain of salt. For all we know, this could be an elaborate hoax. However, from what we've heard, it looks like this presentation is real because a number of different sources can corroborate it.
What do you think about E3's plans to revamp its image and increase attendance? Let us know. Do you think it's going to work?
Xbox accessories you'll love
Every one of these quality accessories is guaranteed to enhance your Xbox experience.
PowerA Enhanced Wired Controller for Xbox One ($20 at Amazon)
PowerA's take on the Xbox One controller is an attractive pickup for budget-conscious gamers that nails all the basics.
Talon PDP Xbox media remote ($20 at Amazon)
The Talon PDP Xbox media remote is great for watching shows on your console.
Xbox One S vertical stand ($10 at Amazon)
Stand your console upright with this accessory.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
These are the best 27-inch monitors money can buy
A 27-inch monitor is just about the perfect size without having to sit too far away or whip your head back and forth to follow things across the screen. If you’re in the market for a new monitor, check out our top picks.
Add or upgrade the RAM in your MSI GE66 Raider with this guide
Have an MSI GE66 Raider without enough memory for your needs? Our guide walks you through what's needed to upgrade the RAM in your laptop.
The Razer Tomahawk is small in stature, but mighty in power
Razer has a new gaming PC on the scene, and this time it's a compact desktop. The Razer Tomahawk Gaming Desktop uses a variation of the Tomahawk case to bring a modular, powerful PC that's designed to take up very little of your desk space.
Here are the best Cyberpunk 2077 collectibles and merch
Cyberpunk 2077 is a huge game, and is accompanied by a massive pool of collectibles, accessories, and merch for everyone from hardcore collectors to dabbling fans. Here are the best collectibles and merch for Cyberpunk 2077.